Page 3 / 4
  RSS

alexandersforum
(@alexandersforum)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 1:30 am  

i was wondering about that...
"
PS. When a picture that doesn't show up suddently becomes visible, it is not a miracle, it's just that we corrected the code manually."
hehe, I was wondering about that before...
I use Firefox and I can see all pictures except the last two in this thread...

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 2:47 am  

pete 1979
pete what did i did that it did not show Up? with the url link

ReplyQuote
James Collins
(@james-collins)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 3:02 am  

Yellow
Is that the new yellow LCW? that's certainly yellow. Yellow! with an exclamation ... halfway between bannana and Frenchs mustard ... I had a TR-7 that color back in the 70's.

ReplyQuote
vivienne
(@vivienne)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 3:13 am  

Pete...
That cat looks like it has road rage in abundance.

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 3:19 am  

james collins
that is the new lwc in yellow and it is yellow ... i was afraid that it was going to be drab yellow but it really does look cool in the Sharp Yellow, I was not use to the chair being so low to the ground but it is great looking , I think it is a nice birthday present for Charles 100th birthday

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 3:27 am  

Jeez, I thought that my...
Jeez, I thought that my computer was missing a program, not allowing me to view LRF's photos (I'm technologicly challanged, and abit short on braincells too.) I agree James..French's mustard yellow it is! I want to see one in the flesh as I'm curious as to whether or not you can see the grain through the paint?/stain? or ground in mustard pigment fresh from the garden.
Cocktail hour question for anyone??
What is the proper way for a hardwood floor to join up to an exposed brick wall? No trim? or baseboard only? or quarter round as we see above next to the lovely yellow LCW?

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/08/2007 4:03 am  

good qusestion mark t...
good qusestion mark the home is a Frank Lloyd Wright design with the exterior Brick walls brought in from the outside
When we bought the home we basterized it with new maple floors from the cold concrete and tarrazia of yesterday . we left some of the wood butt up to the corner board then we used quarter round on the uneven pieces . ( no choice really )
On the yellow chair you can see the grain and it looks cool it is not painted it is a smear of aniline dye that they did a great job to show off the grain , I like it
I think they did a good job on it... now waiting to buy a purple and orange chair .

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
02/08/2007 6:07 am  

I'd not try
to fit molding to a brick wall; the chance of it closing the gaps seems slight. The first piece of flooring can be fitted ("scribed") to the brick. My choice would be to create a gap or trough, curbed with wood, between the flooring and the masonry. This shallow margin -- anywhere from three or four inches to a food or more wide, can be filled with pebbles, crushed rock, or perhaps sand (depending on the presence of pets ?).
Sure beats scribing !
I'm curious about the house. It's certainly all right to describe a place in terms of its architectural inspiration ("in the style of. . .").

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
02/08/2007 7:27 am  

my house
my home is a very famous home around these parts, the architect who designed the home studied with Mies at Illinois and was truly inspired by the later work of Frank Lloyd Wright and Richard Neutra . He died a very young man 2 years after completeing the design work on my home , it truly its one of the most unique homes around this City and Stateas it is a true mid century home, not many around with this modern design and 5000 sq feet
It was featured in a local magazine last month and i have tried to keep it to the true mid century modern wonder that it is, and mostly original mid century modern furniture with Edward Wormely and Michel Taylor for Baker added to the list of the usual mid century designers like Verner Panton, Arne Jacobson, the Eames, Nelson, Noguci,Agelliar Arco,Mies, Greta Grossman, Paol Cadovitus, to name just a few of the designers who's furniture I have in this house , This has become my made focus and hobby to get it as original to the year 1963 the year that it was built, It has been fun if you want to seen any of the pictures they are featured on my website www.retroredo.com

ReplyQuote
glassartist
(@glassartist)
Illustrious Member
02/08/2007 10:27 am  

on a mac
in wisconsin i can see both with firefox, but only james with safari

ReplyQuote
glassartist
(@glassartist)
Illustrious Member
02/08/2007 10:31 am  

sorry
i thought i was at the bottom of the page. so it makes sense, it should "for the first two images" not "both" as i now see there are may more posts and pics. sorry

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
03/08/2007 7:19 am  

LRF, Your home looks divine!...
LRF, Your home looks divine! I'd love to see a shot of the facade. Another question about exposed brick walls..Do they constantly shed bits of brick dust? or do you seal them? Thanks again for the link.
SDR, Once again, you have plugged yet another design idea into my tiny brain. The idea of a curbed trough filled with rock I like real well.

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
03/08/2007 9:06 am  

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
03/08/2007 9:11 am  

mark
The home is 44 years old I bet when it was first finished i bet there was plenty of cement flying everywhere cause it has 30 ft ceilings in the bathroom and they look kinda flaky up there like no one has gotten up and clean the cement , The rest of the walls have settled in with no flaking a good question this was most popular with Wright,Neutra, Elliot Noyes, Marcel Breur, John Johanson and O neal Ford all who built homes just like mine with exposed brick inside the home in the 40's to the 60's

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
05/08/2007 8:47 am  

A very sweet example of its...
A very sweet example of its kind, indeed. Thanks LRF! Mark.
Palm Beach, FL
Pleasant Valley, IA
Chicago, IL
Key West, FL

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register