Design Addict

Cart

You guys seem to be...

You guys seem to be experts please help!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
17/05/2021 10:12 pm  

@lexi, Here's what I know about wine: I have a fondness for burgundies (especially Nuits Saint Georges) but I can't afford the good ones so I buy $13 bottles of California blends and hold my nose.

The pandemic has turned me back to beer as part of my evening ritual. There are so many new, local microbreweries near here now producing outstanding products that the variety of offerings can be overwhelming. And one of the larger apple orchards in town has started making high quality (and high ABV) hard ciders, too!

To be perfectly honest, the liquor cabinet belongs to my primary client. I do like my whisky, though. Enough so that I'm off the stuff possibly for good. I don't miss the hangovers, but, ahhh, the memories!

lexi liked
ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
Illustrious Member Moderator
17/05/2021 10:54 pm  

What is a wonderful whisky? I know I love whisky, but I don't know what whisky to love.

I know a lot about French reds, but much like @tktoo2 I don't want to afford them. And they don't treat me particularly well the next day.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
17/05/2021 11:12 pm  

@kyle-barrett, By far, the best whisky is the one in the glass in front of you. Really, tastes are so subjective and the choices so varied, that the only practical way to learn what you like is to, um, try them! If there are pubs or other venues nearby that host "tastings", those might be a place to start. Otherwise, it's safe to stick to the better large distiller's middle-range choices before working your way into the pricier specialty offerings.

Again, though, I was very lucky in that my FIL probably supplied probably more than 75% of the good whiskies I've tried and most of those were given to him as gifts. For years we've had a running joke: Immediately upon arrival at either of our houses, the host must ask the guest if he would like a drink and the guest must reply, "Thank God, I thought you'd never ask."

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
17/05/2021 11:14 pm  

I’m an expert, alright, ha. One day at a time! 🤘🏼

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register