Stool, rosewood  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2020 9:31 pm  

My answer is also justified in the context, dear cdsilva. If someone asks a question, he must risk getting an answer, even if he has already answered the question himself. Or do you have another opinion?

And I'm afraid Peter Kjelgaard will not be amused about a request whether a small insignificant stool was incorrectly or correctly attributed.

My experiences with complaints at auction houses say, that they like to use as excuse, that the complained item has already been sold under the same assignment in their own auction house in former times. That is indeed a convincing reference.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
19/10/2020 11:28 pm  

@cdsilva I talked to PK before posting it here. He didn’t seem to be quite sure about the matter but said that as he understood it Søren Ove Nielsen was a contemporary cabinetmaker who made the pieces and consigned them to BR himself. But only to the Aarhus location why PK has never seen one in person. This may well be the case. I only wasn’t completely convinced for two reasons. Reason one: I‘d think that if Søren Ove Nielsen indeed was a contemporary cabinetmaker, you’d think you would be able to track him down on the internet or at least in phonebooks from like 2010 or so, which is not the case. (At least I was not able to find a cabinetmaker of that name). Reason two: The wood appears to be rosewood which I thought doesn’t really fit to contemporary. And so I asked here because usually at least one of you knows more than I do.  

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register