Design Addict

Cart

Paolo Piva Alando C...

Paolo Piva Alando Coffee table, real or fake?  

RSS

gruffaren
(@gruffaren)
12/08/2019 10:49 pm  

Hi,

I am contemplating buying a coffee table claimed to be designed by Paolo Piva, but I'm not sure if it is real or not. A picture is attached to this post.

I browsed through the other threads on the forum, and from what I can tell it is probably a fake. It clearly does not have the thick glass sitting on top, and does not have the reinforces "cross" section right under the glass. 

But I also read that this table was made in different versions, and some sites sell a very similar looking version for about 4000 USD. See this link for example: https://www.decaso.com/product/1656183/vintage-modern-paolo-piva-alanda-by-bb-italia-coffee-cocktail-table

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

1565642999-Screen-Shot-2019-08-12-at-224454.png

mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
16/08/2019 4:52 pm  

Looks like one of the knockoffs.  There's a lot of misleading info online from dealers about different versions being made by B&B Italia, but I was unable to find any reputable confirmation of this.  And there's not much info on who made the knockoffs.  I found one online that said it was made in the Netherlands but it didn't have any info on the maker.  If you like the style and it's priced like a replica (under $500), then go for it.     

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register