Design Addict

Cart

industrial tables

industrial tables  

RSS

Sean Young
(@sean-young)
29/03/2016 11:10 pm  

I am clearing out our warehouse. I have 6 heavy steel tables, stainless tops, 83" x 36". Weighing 200-300 lbs each easily. Been in our family warehouse since the 50's. Assuming they date back farther than that. Excellent condition. I can't find any information on the tables themselves. Is there any places or anyone to suggest that I can get info on them?

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
29/03/2016 11:39 pm  

That's a very general description! Do you have photos?

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
30/03/2016 12:43 am  

The closest scrap yard will give current pricing for stainless steel by the pound as a start. Vintage, eclectic or junk furniture dealers is a second option. Feel free to use your imagination (similar to your description) for the next step.
No kidding, suggestion one and two are viable.

ReplyQuote
Sean Young
(@sean-young)
30/03/2016 4:44 pm  

yes I have photos

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
30/03/2016 5:37 pm  

I don't know that there's much to know about them other than that they are industrial type steel work tables. What IS significant is that there's a market for that kind of thing if you can find a venue that meets your needs---which you probably already know. Just don't do anything to them other than dust them off because the patina of decades is the whole point of industrial style ---otherwise people would just go buy a new steel table for a few hundred dollars.
Or maybe you have no intention of selling them, I don't know. But there's definitely a market for them if that's your goal. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Sean Young
(@sean-young)
30/03/2016 10:35 pm  

Thank you very much for your thoughts and insights. Most likely looking to sell them. I just thought it would be entertaining to find some history of them.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register