Design Addict

Cart

Genuine B3-chair or...

Genuine B3-chair or just high quality knock-off?  

RSS

(@svegus)
20/04/2020 1:42 pm  

I have a B3 chair that i got hold of as part of an office-move in the early 2000's. The chair was in the office of a global record company executive, and was together with furniture from Vitra etc. The chair has no stamps on the tubing, and only an unreadale stamp in the leather dated April 87 (could also be April 67). The leather is thick and of very good quality, and the tube-ends are welded and polished (see picture). The chrome is also of very good quailty. 

I would find it strange that a knock-off would be bought together with other verified original furniture, but as it hasn't got any stamps/stickers i'm unsure.

1587382957-B3_42.jpg
This topic was modified 4 years ago by Svegus

Topic Tags
KennethSteven
(@kennethsteven)
20/04/2020 2:40 pm  
Posted by: Svegus

I have a B3 chair that i got hold of as part of an office-move in the early 2000's. The chair was in the office of a global record company executive, and was together with furniture from Vitra etc. The chair has no stamps on the tubing, and only an unreadale stamp in the leather dated April 87 (could also be April 67). The leather is thick and of very good quality, and the tube-ends are welded and polished (see picture). The chrome is also of very good quailty. 

I would find it strange that a knock-off would be bought together with other verified original furniture, but as it hasn't got any stamps/stickers i'm unsure.

1587382957-B3_42.jpg

you are talking about this chair which you mention in pictures? It is looking newly and you are saying you had kept it in 2000.

it's strange.

if you hold this chair since 2000 and now is 2020, what's the reason to prove it genuine or not? 

ReplyQuote
(@svegus)
20/04/2020 2:46 pm  

Yes i have had this chair since about 2003. From what i know it was originally purchased some time in the mid 80's, so it is actually over 30 years old. The chair has only been on display in my hallway, and has been used mostly as a clothes-rack. Very rarely has it been used to sit in. I cleaned the chair and polished the chrome with a microfiber-cloth, so that's why it looks so new.

The reason i want to find out if it's genuine is because i want to sell it.  

ReplyQuote
(@svegus)
20/04/2020 3:02 pm  
Posted by: KennethSteven
Posted by: Svegus

1587382957-B3_42.jpg

you are talking about this chair which you mention in pictures? It is looking newly and you are saying you had kept it in 2000.

it's strange.

if you hold this chair since 2000 and now is 2020, what's the reason to prove it genuine or not? 

Yes, this is the chair and  i have had it since about 2003. From what i know it was originally purchased some time in the mid 80's, so it is actually over 30 years old. The chair has only been on display in my hallway, and has been used mostly as a clothes-rack. Very rarely has it been used to sit in. I cleaned the chair and polished the chrome with a microfiber-cloth, so that's why it looks so new.

The reason i want to find out if it's genuine is because i want to sell it.

1587387738-B3_7.jpg

ReplyQuote
(@svegus)
02/05/2020 10:38 am  

Found out this was produced by Italian company Fasem in 1987. According to several major online auction houses, Fasem produced licensed versions from 1980-89. Fasem still exists, and produces items from well known contemorary designers. 

tktoo2 liked
ReplyQuote
nickjl75
(@nickjl75)
05/06/2022 12:09 pm  

By any chance was your chair property of Polygram? I brought another B3 around the same time as you from a shop on the Shepherd's Bush road, (now gone). 

1654424009-IMG_1689.jpg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register