Cart

Help identifying a ...

Help identifying a midcentury Danish style chair  

RSS

DavesArchives
(@davesarchives)
10/03/2016 10:13 pm  

Hello!
Another thrifting find. Saw this wonderful low slung Danish style chair and had to have it. Very happy with this piece, but I'm unable to find any makers marks on it.
Can anyone help with the style and possibly a maker? I'm not sure if the cushions are original to the piece. They sure seem old.

william swift
(@swift7156sbcglobal-net)
Reputable Member
10/03/2016 11:07 pm  

Looks like a low back "Archie" chair by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin. Not sure if that makes it an "Edith" chair or not.

ReplyQuote
william swift
Reputable Member
10/03/2016 11:16 pm  

Sorry. "Looks like", but isn't. Should've double checked. How about Thayer Coggin "Cooper" chair.

ReplyQuote
DavesArchives
(@davesarchives)
10/03/2016 11:20 pm  

HOLY MOLY!! You have no idea how long I've been trying to identify this chair. I've had it for approx 4 months now and have had zero luck. Every angle of this chair looks EXACTLY like a Cooper Lounge Chair by Milo Baughman! This is very exciting. Thank you so much!

ReplyQuote
william swift
Reputable Member
11/03/2016 12:09 am  

I'm especially glad to indentify it for you if you love it and are keeping it. I also doubt very much that fabric is original to the cushions.

ReplyQuote
DavesArchives
(@davesarchives)
11/03/2016 12:48 am  

Yup, we sure are. We have it sitting underneath our stairwell, just like it is in the photo. It's one of my favorite pieces in the house. Thanks, again!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register