Cart

Measures for top tr...

Measures for top try of Wegner AT48 wagon  

RSS

Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
27/05/2020 8:20 am  

Hi there ! I was wondering if any good soul would be so kind in providing me with the measures for the top, removable tray for a Wegner AT48 table. I need to make one from scratch ! Do you have any advice that could help the decision making for attempting such a difficult task ? The piece I got is out of teak, and the top tray is missing. I think the right this is to get the tray of out teak, as it was originally. Not sure how a tray made of oak would look like.

Thank you

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
27/05/2020 7:16 pm  

If you cannot find measurements, you should be able to estimate dimensions fairly accurately by studying images available online. Perhaps the the most technically challenging aspect of reproducing the tray would be routing the recess in one side. The rest seems relatively straightforward, assuming you can find and afford acceptable teak lumber. Welcome to the forum and good luck!

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
27/05/2020 8:42 pm  

what do you mean for "recess in one side" ?

Many thanks for your answer

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
27/05/2020 10:36 pm  

Images of AT 48 tables I see online have a shallow depression or recess in one side of the removable top.

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
28/05/2020 11:51 am  

yes I saw it, and immediately thought it was the most difficult part, together with the rounded shape of the edges. Many thanks for your help in the meantime, I hope someone will post the measures

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
28/05/2020 9:08 pm  

I would second tktoo2 here. You can see the dimensions pretty well from the photos. If you have to make it from scratch, I don't think it really matters if has the exact same thickness or length, anyway, as long as it looks like the original. And it will. Maybe you make a drawing before you start.  

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
28/05/2020 9:32 pm  

Indeed, Herringbone. The goal is not to get crazy to reach the level of the original one, but to end up with a piece with no major optical defects. I hope I can post a picture whenever this project finishes, might take really long...

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
29/05/2020 10:11 am  

Would love to see pictures when its finished.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
07/06/2020 12:43 pm  

Do you have any link to a shop that sells wheels with such fit ?

would a top try made out of oak, instead of teak, make any sense ? I see no original pieces were made with oak/teak mixture, although the contrast works in others cases (Mogensen).

1591526635-0420A25A-1821-4F39-B37B-96F23ECC925E.jpeg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register