Design Addict

Cart

Eames Lounge Ottoma...

Eames Lounge Ottoman is Rotating?  

RSS

Tylerdurden322
(@tylerdurden322)
22/09/2023 10:49 pm  

Not sure what is going on with the "fixed" base of my Eames ottoman, but it has been swiveling for a while now. My kids love to jump all over our furniture, so maybe they broke or damaged the base somehow? Is this repairable? I have had the lounge chair about 4 years. Cheers!

1695415776-PXL_20230920_233307227.jpg

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2023 12:09 am  

@tylerdurden322, Mine's approaching 50-years-old, has seen it's share of teenagers, and is still fixed solidly! It's been many years since I've had it apart, but I don't remember seeing any fasteners anywhere. I always assumed the shaft, base, and top spider are held together by "interference" fitting, but that might not be correct. Which part is rotating? (just curious) Will it come completely apart?

Contacting the retailer (if purchased new) or HM customer service directly might yield advice, though, in my limited experience, they just want you to ship them the entire item ...at your expense. Alternately, you could shoot a concise email to Alfie Hume at Hume Modern in LA and see if he's offering free advice anymore.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register