Cart

Arkana extendable T...

Arkana extendable Tulip Dining Table - centre part missing  

RSS

Minikin
(@minikin)
07/02/2017 9:27 pm  

Hi ya,

I am new to the forum, so "hello to everybody".

I recently bought an extendable Arkana tulip table for restoration. Unfortunately the middle section, that provides the extension, is missing.

Has anybody got pictures and dimensions of the said thingy, such I could have it remade?

thx for your help

minikin
img3036.jpgimg3037.jpg

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
07/02/2017 10:12 pm  

Hi!

So, I'm usually wrong. (Edited) Why not?

Still hi,

Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2017 5:20 am  

You can buy those ready-made---just do an internet search for "table slides" and a bunch of different sources will pop up.

ReplyQuote
Minikin
(@minikin)
08/02/2017 11:07 am  

Cheers, the technical term "thingy" might have been misleading. 😉 What I am actually after is the dimensions and design of the missing centre section, the rectangular wooden plate that goes into the gap. I can imagine what the connection between the middle section and the outer parts with its spigot and bore connection is meant to look like. But what does the underside look like, where does the centre section go, when unused and does it fold for storage?.

Has anybody got one of these extendable Arkana tables? They don't come up when I search google.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2017 12:46 pm  

Ah---you mean "leaf". It's very simple, just the same material in the same thickness as the top with dowels and holes on the edges to match up with what's in the table top. There's nothing on the underside. (If your table had an apron, the leaf would have apron trim to match the rest of the table, but there's no apron on tulip style tables so that makes it even easier.)

Obviously the edge should have the same profile as the table, and you should try to get a white melamine that matches as closely as possible. That last part will probably be the most difficult part of the process.

ReplyQuote
user_21
(@user_21)
23/07/2020 8:06 pm  

Did you ever solve this? I have one so could photograph it if you need.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
23/07/2020 8:33 pm  

@user_21. whether the original poster solved this or not ,it would be great if you posted your photograph for the record.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register