Design Addict

Cart

2 seater black leat...

2 seater black leather Maralunga - Extremely stiff headrests that won't open  

RSS

BBkev
(@bbkev)
28/12/2023 5:31 pm  

title says it all really. extremely stiff headrests that should unfold/open up don't move. if anyone could help with any information on a solution it would be much appreciated.

cheers

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
29/12/2023 11:35 am  

A picture could help.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

BBkev liked
ReplyQuote
BBkev
(@bbkev)
29/12/2023 3:49 pm  

this is a picture of a random sofa. same model. the sofa should be able to open like the right hand side headrest the two headrests on my sofa are down and too stiff to open. 

cheers

1703861373-vintage-maralunga-two-seater-sofa-by-vico-magistretti-for-cassina-image-2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
01/01/2024 12:28 pm  

I see. Interesting. I have no idea what’s going on there but it’s obviously a mechanical issue. As I understand it, they used different methods to achieve the adjustability of the cushion. After 1985 they used a system based on a bicycle chain. Prior to that they used something else. So you‘d have to find out the production year first to get an idea. Have you tried to contact Cassina about it? Or do you have an upholstery shop near you? They probably also know a bit about the Maralunga.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
BBkev
(@bbkev)
03/01/2024 5:59 pm  

cheers for the response. the digging i've done so far corroborates what you have said. I haven't contacted Cassina or anyone with any potential knowledge. that will be my next step. thanks for your response 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register