Design Addict

Cart

Bots  

RSS

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
04/04/2022 5:17 pm  

Just wanted to say that I'm glad and relieved to see you all back and I hope that DA finds a permanent solution to keep the bots out of the forum. If anybody here could at least read Mandarin ... 

Although I have to admit that I was quite impressed by one of them. It managed to post more than 10K topics within a very short time which made it the most prolific and therefore illustrious member in the history of the forum. It needed just a day or so to even surpass dear @SDR who invested years of hard labor to rightfully claim the top position.

@tktoo2 - fingers crossed 

This topic was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Herringbone

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
04/04/2022 5:26 pm  

Dear @herringbone,

If I could "like" your post twice, I would.

Thanks again for your crucial, if tedious, work!

Kyle Barrett and lexi liked
ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
04/04/2022 6:30 pm  

I think the biggest thanks goes to a DA staff member called Sarah who fixed most of it if I got it correctly.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
04/04/2022 8:08 pm  

@herringbone, I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve but, when I do, I'll hoist the first, second, or third one in Sarah's honor!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
05/04/2022 3:23 am  

Thanks, Sarah and Herringbone, and hello to all.  I haven't been paying attention;  thanks so much for carrying on !

(Deluges of spam have become a semi-regular event over at Wright Chat;  the administrators have done a good and thankless job of cleaning house . . .)

Where were we ?  

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
09/04/2022 11:09 am  

@herringbone. They are back!! 😫 

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
09/04/2022 12:24 pm  

@lexi Thank god, this one was quite managable. It only left 115 posts which I was able to delete by hand. But there's no guarantee that momie2847 or whatever it's name was won’t return. I'll have to discuss this with DA, there must be a better solution.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
09/04/2022 1:25 pm  

@herringbone. Good job again. It is a pity we cannot just wave a magic wand.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
10/04/2022 5:26 pm  

herringbone, you should get a discount on the DA products with all this work...

ReplyQuote
Sarah DA
(@sarahdesignaddict)
New Member Admin
11/04/2022 9:47 am  

Hello Design Addicts,

I hope you are all well.

Just to let you know that we are doing everything we can to solve this Bots problem as soon as possible! 

Wish you all a good week!

With kind regards,

Sarah DA Team

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
19/04/2022 10:59 pm  

In it's time of need I have been somewhat MIA and I must apologise for that. I am hopeful I'll have more of an opportunity to be helpful from here on out. Well done Herringbone. Glad you're all doing well and still here.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
14/05/2022 1:38 pm  

Just in case you're wondering: I'll leave the bot entries as they are so the DA team can analyze them and find a way to keep them out of the forum. 

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
24/05/2022 9:46 am  

Good news:  it seems the bot problem has been solved for now. Fingers crossed that they don’t find ways to sneak in again. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register