a website about Eam...

a website about Eames furniture?  

RSS

Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
06/06/2015 2:36 am  

Random question-

I lost one of my favorite websites about Eames furniture (it wasn't eamesoffice.com) It had a huge amount of well photographed pieces from private collections, the chairs were photographed against a neutral background and credited was given to the owner. It was my favorite reference for figuring out feet and stamp dates.

I know its a long shot, but does this sound at all familiar to anyone?

minimalman
(@minimalman)
Trusted Member
06/06/2015 5:46 am  

Yeah. I remember that place. I used it all the time and was asking myself the very same question about a month ago. I thought it was www.eamesdesigns.com if I remember correctly.
It now redirects to www.eamesoffice.com. Hmm...

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
06/06/2015 9:03 am  

shoot, I went digging in an old laptop and I think you're right, I hope the info crops up elsewhere!

ReplyQuote
minimalman
(@minimalman)
Trusted Member
06/06/2015 7:07 pm  

What saddens me is that I keep finding old links or cached images of various models that were from the old site and they come up as a not found page at the eamesoffice website.
They haven't incorporated any of it. Just bought it or something and now sitting on all that data. Take a look at the Seating section. They have 10 models. That's it. The same theme goes throughout the rest of the "Work" Section. There's not much of a portfolio at all.
They might be working on something because I was able to dig in and find a buried page that isn't accessible through any of the navigation or even listed in the Work Section. Here it is:
The La Fonda Chair from the J.F. Chen Collection
http://www.eamesoffice.com/the-work/1730-1/

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2015 8:50 am  

Not to worry...
This was just brought up recently on another thread "New Eames Office Website" by bshop22. (Just a few threads below)
The good news is that the extensive Eames chair list WILL be returning very soon to the eamesdesigns website. Whatever it is called or will be called, the list is coming back.
I wrote to ask what happened a few weeks ago, and I got a very nice reply, reassuring me that the original list is intact and will be back up on the site soon.

ReplyQuote
minimalman
(@minimalman)
Trusted Member
07/06/2015 11:31 am  

That's great news Eameshead. Thanks for looking into it!

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
09/06/2015 3:38 am  

This thread has worked out better than expected! Thanks all!

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
11/06/2015 11:37 pm  

Grendel- You may now return to your rug obsession.

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
13/06/2015 3:34 am  

...and you your many chairs 😉

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
12/08/2015 3:48 am  

Hmmm… its been weeks since I got that email reassuring me that the Eames chair image bank would soon be returned to the Eamesdesigns website.
Still no image bank!
And now I see that Wright is auctioning the J F Chen Eames collection, which supplied most of the chairs in the image bank.
I wonder if that is the reason for the delay...

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register