Cart

USmodernist.org - G...

USmodernist.org - Great Resource  

RSS

mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
31/03/2020 12:31 am  

Many of you may already be aware of this resource but I just stumbled on it today.  USModernist is a non-profit educational archive for the documentation, preservation, and promotion of residential modernist architecture.  Their website, USmodernist.org , includes a library they say is the world's largest open digital collection of major US 20th-century architecture magazines with approximately 2.8 million downloadable pages - all free to access.  The collection is seachable and includes many articles and pictures on modernist furniture and design.  

The first picture is from the Jan 1959 edition of Arts and Architecture from a report about new Swiss furniture designs.  

The magazines also include a lot of furniture ads, like the one in the second picture for Frank Brothers Furniture of Long Beach, CA, showing some Wegner pieces.   That was from a March 1954 volume of Arts and Architecture that has a comprehensive story on the American furniture market. 

1585607474-AA59.jpg
1585607503-FrankBros.jpg

Ponyboy, wesemael, tktoo2 and 1 people liked
(@ponyboy)
Noble Member
31/03/2020 6:00 pm  

Awesome! I was not aware of this so thanks a bunch!

ReplyQuote
He-Man
(@he-manunbanned)
Eminent Member
05/04/2020 10:09 am  

Thanks so much! Did a random search for Kofod Larsen and found a previously unseen image of an Architectural Pottery Paul McCobb indoor planter with the very rare wooden plinth.  I have one with the aforementioned plinth and have only seen one other picture with the plinth.

[img] [/img]

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register