Page 2 / 2
  RSS

jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
15/10/2013 9:16 pm  

i still love this cart
The cart is part of a lot i first bought to sell, but i like these furnitures too much to let it go anywhere. It took me a day to bail every crap out of my flat and i know have a descent living space. The cart goes perfectly with the McCobb cofee table with two shelf unit, and a danish square coffee table with drawers + 4 McCobb white vinyl/black steel square benches.
Never felt so good home before.
😀

ReplyQuote
jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
15/10/2013 9:16 pm  

Do you know the designer "Band Saw"
He designed hell of carts, for real.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
19/10/2013 4:36 am  

What would a
band saw have to do with this piece of furniture ? Or is that the nickname of an assembler ?
Not every nice piece of furniture was made by a famous name, nor is every worthwhile object signed by someone. Almost all the pieces I made, for almost a half-dozen custom furniture makers, have no signature or label -- and they were all made very carefully with good material, I can assure you.
The "luminous plaque" is an interesting feature. How large is that plaque ? Perhaps the piece is an artist's light box, or was made to review photographic slides -- for instance ?

ReplyQuote
jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
19/10/2013 7:09 pm  

Hey SDR! sorry for the late answer...
Hey SDR! sorry for the late answer.
I've posted more pics here where i enquire about the style ressemblance with some Edward Wormley carts: http://www.designaddict.com/design_addict/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/th...
The plaque measures 22,75 long, 14,75 wide, 1,25 deep

ReplyQuote
jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
19/10/2013 7:11 pm  

yes, that plaque really...
yes, that plaque really makes me more curious about this. The plaque has been built for the cart, or the cart built around. You dont do this just for kicks. There's a purpose to this cart i would like to understand...

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
19/10/2013 8:36 pm  

It's a 'Hostess' Trolley
the 'plaque' is a food/plate warmer. (presumably with wiring/ power supply no longer present)

ReplyQuote
jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
15/01/2014 5:19 am  

absolutely Robert
I could find a matching cable to plug it and it gets warm. Nothing fancy like a photo slides viewer.
thank you guys

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
15/01/2014 5:50 am  

Yup, you're
right, Rikki -- of course it says "Band Saw." Maybe the boss tags the rejects that way ? Hmm.
BTW, how many think there should be a red dot placed in the index next to each thread to which Aunt Mark has posted ?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
15/01/2014 6:50 pm  

?
Is pink still available?
Always,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2