Design Addict

Cart

non designers  

RSS

joshkersh@yahoo...
(@joshkershyahoo)
18/01/2006 2:39 pm  

Hi I am a student at Manchester met.

I am hoping that you could help me, i am trying to find names of people who are not 'designers' but have designed products or improved an existing product for example:

Craig Johnson a footballer redesign the football boot (The Predator)

Another is the Tea Bag Bin designed by big brother housemates Dean and Stuart

1908, Melitta Bentz, a housewife from Dresden, She felt disturbed by the fact that the last sip from the cup always contained more coffee powder than coffee. She perforated the soil of a brass pot and put on it her son'! s school blotting paper. The coffee filter was
The reason that i am asking you is that i beleave that every one is a designer and we all come up with ways to improve our lives, even if its the small change to an existing product or something that is total new.

At the moment i am trying to find deigns/products that have already been done for my research, if you could point me in the right direction it would be very helpful.

Thanks for you time!
Joshua Kersh

p.s Maybe you have a few ideas or irritations of everday life?

vivienne
(@vivienne)
Illustrious Member
18/01/2006 10:18 pm  

hello
hello Joshua, good to see you posted an ad on DESIGN addict for non designers??, the clue is in the name,(im also from Manchester.

ReplyQuote
joshkersh@yahoo...
(@joshkershyahoo)
19/01/2006 5:49 pm  

A Personal Response
These questions are designed to help in the development of new products that will make our everyday life easier. Because I believe that we are all designers and we come up we ideas and concepts all the time and I want to turn our thoughts into actions. For example, the Big Brother housemate Dean O'Loughlin responded to the problem of disposing a tea bag by thinking of the Tea Bag Bin. This is a simple solution to a problem. Please think carefully about the answers and respond as fully as you can because you are playing a part in the design process.
1. Do ideas pop into your head that you think could solve a problem? If so, what was the problem & what was your idea?
2. Have you ever been frustrated by something that you believe is badly designed? If so, what was it and what have you done to tackle this problem?
3. Have you been frustrated by situation, where there has been nothing designed for? If so, what have you done to solve this problem?
Ideas by 'non designers':
- Safety clips at the corners of the bed, to stop the sheets coming off.
- Putting elastic bands around two T.V remotes, because you always lose the other one!
To replay to the questions could you email me at joshkersh@yahoo.co.uk or if you want to send your answers by post you can phone me on 07859907653 and I will give some info, thank you for you time and input!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register