Page 9 / 10
  RSS

Joshua F (USA)
(@joshua-f-usa)
Prominent Member
06/06/2012 9:29 am  

@jdip
"@jdip
Your chairs are Eames designed DCW's manufactured by Evans. The single shockmount is correct for this early version chair. Not sure about the finish."
I am not an expert, but I thought if it was Evans, it would have 5-2-5 screws and the center panel would be flush with the front legs, not past it.
Others would know better than me.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
06/06/2012 9:35 am  

jdip
They could be authentic, just a couple things don't like quite right from the photos. The size and placement of the back shock mount is not correct, as you noted. It looks like the frame pieces (spine & legs) all have rounded edges (this could be an optical illusion from the photos). The shape of the back rest looks odd (also too rounded). Vintage chairs would not have used black screws (could be replacements).

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
06/06/2012 12:28 pm  

better late than....
never, bought this vise 12 months ago and finally got it fitted to my bench today, similar to this persons bench but not as pretty. More sustained concentration and accuracy than I've had to deal with in ages, 15 pages of instructions...chain driven, skews. Just wanted to share the pleasure and recomend them to any maker types.
Time for a drink!

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
06/06/2012 11:24 pm  

I thought you quatrefoil people
might get a kick out of this. It's the Henry Clay Frick house in Pittsburgh, built in the 1880s.

ReplyQuote
glassartist
(@glassartist)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2012 1:01 am  

Lovely
lovely.

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2012 1:33 am  

Westmister Bridge Trefoils
and associated shadows..

ReplyQuote
glassartist
(@glassartist)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2012 1:51 am  

OMG!
Hilarious!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2012 1:53 am  

Oh!!
that could put an eye out! Very nice.
many thanks Robert.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2012 10:05 am  

Some odds and ends from the G...
Some odds and ends from the Goodwill this week. An Italian glass "A Canne" carafe for $4 (I have seen an identical one cited as being by Fratelli Toso), a Quistgaard salad bowl produced in Denmark for $10, and a Quistgaard dutch oven made in France, $15.
Edit: I see now that the carafe is more reliably identified as being designed by Gio Ponti for Venini, and is cited in Leslie Pina's book "Circa Fifties Glass".

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
12/06/2012 6:14 pm  

Vicke Lindstrand for Kosta...
Vicke Lindstrand for Kosta "Autumn Tree" vase. Stole it for $110.00 from a local antique shop. More glass from the same colection to go check out next weekend....Perhaps another gem

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
13/06/2012 5:50 am  

reluctantly
bought an oval Herman Miller racetrack (I think that is what they are called) table today. Needs work, thus the reluctant. But it was $30. I think these are considered part of the aluminum group.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
13/06/2012 9:10 am  

NICE!!! What's the back story...
NICE!!! What's the back story? Was Baker offered in leather or did someone have it done?

ReplyQuote
dsil
 dsil
(@dsil)
Estimable Member
13/06/2012 5:14 pm  

Edmund Spence nightstand
found it at the SA. they still have the matching dresser, unfortunately the top drawer of the dresser has a long chip out of the top.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
14/06/2012 2:26 am  

well....
I am a noob in regds. to shell chairs, but I think this is H. Miller? The base looks right. The ONLY MARK I could find was a very small Z. There is also an ink mark that says something like "Z Comm 2" inside a circle. In smokin' good shape.
Guess I should have been paying attention during all those discussions about Vitra. Vs. Miller....

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
14/06/2012 2:42 am  

Yes
Herman Miller.

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 10
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working