Design Addict

Cart

Hans Olsen Roundett...

Hans Olsen Roundette dining 3 legged chairs by Frem Rojle- painted in red/orange  

RSS

Amber5
(@amber5)
Reputable Member
16/09/2019 8:21 pm  

I found for sale Hans Olsen Triangular Dining Chairs by Frem Røjle but they a painted (not stained); the seller says it is a factory finish but is it a truth? 

Chairs are marked with Frem Rojle sticker.

1568658088-Hans-Olsen-Roundette-chairs-painted-red.jpg

mkg
 mkg
(@mkg)
Eminent Member
23/12/2020 4:09 am  

Bringing this back up, as I picked up a roundette set (4 chairs and table) in the same red color tonight.  This is the only picture online that I could find of the red, is this a factory finish? Top of the table almost feels like a melamine finish- completely smooth and void of any wood grain, or perhaps a thick lacquer? 

Forgive the mess in the picture, I had to set it up in the kids toy room as my Mother in Law is staying in my  'furniture overflow room'. 

1608692940-IMG_20201222_195548_01.jpg

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
23/12/2020 12:50 pm  

I Will Never understand the gain in painting over wood with such color, and stripping it out seems to be a major challenge here 

ReplyQuote
mkg
 mkg
(@mkg)
Eminent Member
23/12/2020 5:25 pm  

Agreed in the stripping. May just sell it again after the holidays, as it's a little too bright for the room I was thinking ....

ReplyQuote
mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
23/12/2020 5:34 pm  

I'm no expert on these sets but you can find versions with laminate tops online, and a couple in yellow that claim to be original finish.  I did not see any in red.

1608741244-FremLam.jpg

ReplyQuote
mkg
 mkg
(@mkg)
Eminent Member
23/12/2020 11:32 pm  

So apparently the red is original!

Actually called Cinnabar and it also came in yellow.  Sets were painted when the original teak didn't match well or 2nds. 

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
24/12/2020 9:26 am  

It would be interesting what the bottoms of the legs look like, in other words whether it is teak end grain or something much more affordable like beech my guess is that there is a whole lot more beechwood under the lacquer on these than bad teak. 

ReplyQuote
mkg
 mkg
(@mkg)
Eminent Member
04/01/2021 10:11 pm  
Posted by: leif ericson - Zephyr Renner

It would be interesting what the bottoms of the legs look like, in other words whether it is teak end grain or something much more affordable like beech my guess is that there is a whole lot more beechwood under the lacquer on these than bad teak. 

I'll try to get some pictures tonight! 

ReplyQuote
mkg
 mkg
(@mkg)
Eminent Member
12/01/2021 7:12 pm  

So I completely forgot to get pictures as I was in a rush as the table sold quickly, but the seat backs are beech, bottom of the table appears to the teak (with laminite over top) some of the table sides are beech and couldnt tell with the rest. A bit of a mix and match, which makes sense with the paint.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register