Design Addict

Cart

Eames LAR low wire ...

Eames LAR low wire base fiberglass armchair -- are they comfortable?  

RSS

Lounge56
(@lounge56)
03/12/2022 6:45 pm  

I haven't been able to find an Eames fiberglass LAR low wire base armchair in the flesh to sit in and try out.  Can't find much in the way of customer reviews about them.  The LAR is the lounge version with arm rests which has a 12.25" inch seat height and recline.    

A few questions for folks here:

• What is the armrest height on the LAR?  This spec is not published by Herman Miller.
  • In general, is the fiberglass version (without optional fabric pad) comfortable for an extended period?
  • Is it worth it to upgrade to the optional fabric pad over the fiberglass?
  • Is the low seat height awkward for average size folks?  I'm average height and weight (5' 9" 155 lbs)

Link to the all fiberglass version: https://store.hermanmiller.com/living-room-furniture-lounge-chairs-ottomans/eames-molded-fiberglass-low-wire-base-armchair/2518145.html?lang=en_US

Link to upgraded version with fabric overlay: https://store.hermanmiller.com/living-room-furniture-lounge-chairs-ottomans/eames-upholstered-molded-fiberglass-low-wire-base-armchair/2517867.html?lang=en_US

Thanks!

This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Lounge56

objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2022 7:31 pm  

Post a photo of your space for context.

Consult with your retailer or decorator.

ReplyQuote
gropius
(@gropius)
Honorable Member
05/12/2022 9:03 pm  

Arm height is about 20” from the floor (little lower in front, little higher in rear). I use mine as an extra chair in my office, so don’t sit in it for extended time. I’m 6’5” so I look like a coiled up spring if I sit upright in it, but it isn’t designed for that - you are meant to stretch legs and scoot forward and it is comfortable for that. My cover was pretty much destroyed when I got the chair, so never used it, though I stuck it away somewhere. Sure it would be a bit more comfortable with cover but then you don’t see fiberglass which is usually the point.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register