cool idea [off topi...

cool idea [off topic]  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Stephen
(@stephen)
Noble Member
29/02/2008 5:50 am  

What about a bunch of us like minded folks start a branch from this forum that's just for chatting, having a joke etc. The fact we all love design gives us a common point to start from, but sometimes it would be nice to just talk and be a LOT less serious (especially when it comes to certain images).
And, when we feel like asking about the foam in Eames chairs and the shell bases on Saarinnen chairs and whether the Barcelon chair should be chrome or stainless steel, and whatever else it is we go on and on and on about, we can simply switch to this main forum.
Any takers?

mario
(@mario)
Noble Member
29/02/2008 8:17 am  

I'm in!
i'm in! but only if we can use swear words and stuff........ok?

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
29/02/2008 8:37 am  

yes stephen you supply...
yes stephen you supply the single malt and the smokes,
but if you want to joke around simply go to some other
forum to shoot the shit,
we here at design addict
like our subjects, we have all become like a family in the last year , and all like to add comments about our foam in chairs, screws on herman miller chairs, and Nelson clocks,
not that we don't like to joke around, we just really don't want to waste each others time thinking about ms whitespike,
Whitespike from Austin has made many valuable contributions to this forum, but just like any one else, I think ones personal life should be personal, and if he wants to share his love or gal pal that is his business,
not trying to be a hard ass or Mr. Poo Face just like things the way they are,

ReplyQuote
Stephen
(@stephen)
Noble Member
29/02/2008 9:31 am  

fair enough...
The new social forum can be a Ms whitespike free zone. no mention of her, no pix, nothing. and I'm happy to supply the single malt (although I prefer a gin and tonic myself). We can shoot the breeze about wine, women (and men) and song. About our jobs, the latest joke we've heard and why we think Charles Eames probably could've done better when it comes to chicks.
We could even include a design addict centrefold each month, in which i nominate Olive to put her hand up for the inaugural issue!
This sounds more like it doesn't it? Refined people letting their hair down and enjoying each others company.

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
29/02/2008 10:22 am  

My EX
Lets talk about my Ex-girlfriend, anyone need a date?! Boy, I'm glad I found my Wife. This is my only picture, anyone feel free to save and print.

ReplyQuote
Stephen
(@stephen)
Noble Member
29/02/2008 10:32 am  

oh Jesus
Maybe we better include images of Ms Whitespike...if only to get this image of the anti-christ out of my head!

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
29/02/2008 6:06 pm  

looks very anti-design to me..
looks very anti-design to me..

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
29/02/2008 6:33 pm  

a real hotti, one ugly c...
a real hotti, one ugly chick, bless her heart needs
a face transplant, or a good bath,

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
29/02/2008 9:06 pm  

Oh, yeah
we so needed THAT. . .
If this is the way it's going to go -- count me absent. I gave up bars when I gave up smoking. . .cigarettes.
But you kids carry on if you like -- just don't trash the place, or run up a minibar tab you can't pay. . .!

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 1:12 am  

Centerfold? eeep!
Stephen you are mos' def a classic example of a hunter/gatherer visually stimulated male. What's with all the lady pix...creepy!
James your taste in women is odd....her taste in clothes is odder...underwear on the outside??
As for a drink and a smoke...I like cigars with a darker tobacco such as Brazilian and softer whiskies like Dalwhinnie. Or since I really shouldn't indulge in the cigars anymore....I could also handle a dry vodka martini, preferably Reyka vodka and Vya vermouth. A nice Pastis on the rocks would be refreshing too! Sorry, I'm kinda high maintenance and top shelf when it comes to my vices....otherwise why bother.
Next give me a comfy chair and a little classic jazz like wayne shorter, john coltrane and I'm happy to talk to any of you guys about anything you'd like...anyone for Poker?

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 1:17 am  

I'm happy to talk to any of y...
I'm happy to talk to any of you guys about anything you'd like...anyone for Poker
sorry, sounds very un olive to me ... but you go girl.
you got my vote,
Stephen still sounds kinda creepy to me,

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 1:31 am  

LRF...I am a well rounded individual!
Poker to Polo...I've given it all a go one time or another...what's life without experience? I also skydived once, solo. But I drew the line at rock climbing and bungee jumping.

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 3:22 am  

....like i said before ...
....like i said before you go girl you rock.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 5:07 am  

Patrick and Alix strike me as quite generous and probably champions of free expression, however I think its rude to begin a thread like this (with the endless vulgar possibilties it has) withhout at least asking their consent, they do afterall provide all of this for us.
I think its quite concieted, but thats all I'll say, I won't participate.

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
01/03/2008 4:37 pm  

good point
I am so sorry, but I think Heath makes a good point.
If you want to change the rules of the site, run it by Patrick and Alix first. After that, it is up to them to freely decide whether they want the site to head in that direction or not. It is not that nice to use the site for all the wealth of information and networking it has to offer, only then to disrespect and jump over the heads of those who provide it for you. Please do not hijack someone elses site (P & A did built this site, and do maintain it, improve it, not to mention finance it) to enforce your own rules. Please remember that essentially, we are all only (well pampered) house guests of P & A here, not the site owners. You are always free to built your own site, with your own rules, of course.
The quite liberal DA forum rules are stated on the forum home page, btw:
Basic rules: We hope all discussions on this forum will be courteous. The moderator reserves the right to delete unsuitable messages as well as off-topic messages (sorry no fashion, graphic or web design). Thank you for your understanding.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register