Design Addict

Cart

Anyone recognize th...

Anyone recognize this? Probably just a store label..  

RSS

Raijin
(@raijin)
Trusted Member
20/12/2022 5:49 am  

I got a large teak executive desk with no markings other than this label under one of the drawers. I am thinking this was just the retail place and that they did a lot Royal System stuff?? So far this is all have towards identifying the desk.

1671511770-large-exec-teak-desk-6-copy.jpeg

This is the desk

1671511897-large-exec-teak-desk-1.jpeg
This topic was modified 1 year ago by Raijin

Raijin
(@raijin)
Trusted Member
20/12/2022 6:20 am  

Well a little more googling has lead me to believe the desk is likely by J. Svenstrup for Andreas Pedersen Møbelfabrik (I had never heard of either of them but...) so thinking the label of Chr Laursen "home assembly" was just the retail place it was purchased from.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
22/12/2022 5:44 pm  

@Raijin I don't know if the ID is correct. There's an advertising somewhere to be found with a desk that looks similar but also different. But neither of them was designed by J. Svenstrup. That's a nice misunderstanding.

Andreas Pedersen's Møbelfabrik was located in Svenstrup J., and the the J is for Jylland. The little town near Aalborg was named after a railway station. Well, it was there before and it was also called Svenstrup, but Danish towns often have different parts, one with the church and one with the railway station. Svenstrup J was the one with the station. It was called Svenstrup J because there was another station called Svenstrup located in Sjaelland, hence called Svenstrup S.  

Andreas Pedersen took over an existing company in Svenstrup in 1935, expanded it a couple of times. The desk in question was probably made late 50s, early 60s. As with most of these smaller companies I guess the designer was inhouse. But as I said, the table commonly sold as Andreas Pedersen and also shown in an advertisement isn't yours. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

Raijin liked
ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
22/12/2022 6:58 pm  

@herringbone. Is this the advert you are thinking of?

Image courtesy of Loppefund  wordpress.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
22/12/2022 7:02 pm  

@lexi Yes, that's it.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register