You can live so wel...

You can live so well on cast offs  

RSS

HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
23/01/2012 10:43 am  

Well not food of course but its amazing isn't it, what gets thrown or given away, imagine all the good stuff thats in landfill that wasn't intercepted.
In the last few days I've just got some splendid things, unworn really high quality clothes, very good kitchen things, a 'second hand' berghaus backpack which I think might have been on a very clean bus once, for 2 minutes. Then I look at all the good books and furniture here that cost virtually nothing and realise that I live better in many ways than people who earn twice and perhaps more than me, maybe I just have better taste 😉
Off for a walk in this very green safe town through the gardens where people say hello to you, today I'm feeling very rich, in spite of my bank balance.

ball
 ball
(@ball)
Noble Member
24/01/2012 5:12 am  

agreed!
I can make a substantial living when we have our 'council' funded rubbish days.
I've found Featherston & plia chairs and not to mention the mother of all Kartell double bed found recently. The list is endless.
Yep have to agree with you Heath.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
24/01/2012 5:50 am  

Reckless people with money, I love them.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2012 4:29 am  

What is wrong with people?
Just like this one but red, Miele vacuum works perfectly and looks fine...pulled off a garbage tip but the guy there wanted $5.00 for it.

ReplyQuote
Killian
(@killian)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2012 11:12 am  

maybe it was used to clean up a murder scene ?!?!?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/02/2012 4:09 pm  

Too funny Killian!

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
09/02/2012 12:30 am  

I was thinking an apartment/...
I was thinking an apartment/ house full of bedbugs.......

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
09/02/2012 2:16 am  

Nice!
I haven't been by for awhile and it was nice to find this thread. I totally agree, Heath! I have a lot of 'found objects' in my home. I also have a lot of things that we have repaired or repurposed. It surprises me how easily folks will throw something out and never think to repair it or find another use.
I just rebuilt a pair of no-name outdoor chairs made of wrought iron that look surprisingly like the Orange Slice chairs. They had had rattan backs and seats. Since that material has a short lifespan in the desert, the chairs had been chucked when the rattan went. So off to the local welder I went and the chairs now have an expanded steel seat and back. A little time with the sewing machine and some sun-tolerant fabric and I'll have made fitted and comfy cushions. Whole project will cost me less than $100 and they should last for years!
Hi All, hope everyone's been well here on DA.

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
09/02/2012 2:20 am  

Nice
to see you Olive 🙂

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/02/2012 2:35 am  

The O !
Hey, there, desert lady. I bet you're all tan and stuff . . .

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
09/02/2012 5:00 am  

I'm not squeamish, a friend suggested it was a hated dead step mothers posession. Still really chuffed with it, it's a pretty good design, I'll finally be able to clean behind the sofa and stop borrowing friends vacuums.
Its uneccesary though, I live in a small block of apartments and while there is a share laundry it seems pretty wasteful for everyone to have seperate appliances/tools, the way its designed everyone could deposit shared goods in the laundry room when they are finished with them.
Thanks Olive, good to read, it just takes a bit of imagination eh?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register