Design Addict

Cart

Vitra Nelson book w...

Vitra Nelson book worth the hefty price tag?  

RSS

brbeard
(@brbeard)
Noble Member
08/12/2009 4:01 am  

could anyone who owns (or has seen) this book, please weigh in? Seems quite expensive for a book of this size (for example, the Eames design book is approx 100 pages longer, for about half the price). I realize questions of value for items such as this are subjective (is it worth it TO ME), but I'd be curious of people's opinions on the thing. It currently has zero reviews on Amazon...

reactcreative
(@reactcreative)
Prominent Member
08/12/2009 6:55 am  

yes.
I got the book - I believe I paid $86 on Amazon. Definitely better than paying what Vitra charges at it's store. Great book if you are a Nelson fan, the amount of research it took to assemble his entire collective works is amazing, not to mention who they are attributed to in his office. Get it!

ReplyQuote
rockybird
(@rockybird)
Famed Member
08/12/2009 7:41 am  

does it have pics of all clocks attributed to him? I am looking for one in particular.

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2009 7:56 am  

great book more like a ...
great book more like a text book. I bought it at cooter in Scott in Dallas. a vitra store.

ReplyQuote
Mike Mozart
(@mike-mozart)
Trusted Member
08/12/2009 8:18 am  

Post a picture of the clock!
There are more than enough rabid fans here to offer their opinion on the attribution of George Nelsons clocks. I'll begin publishing my unique archive of sales literature and financial statements for over twenty five years of the Howard Miller Company from early 1960's to late 1980's Post a Picture Of your clock, on another site, like Photobucket, etc. Then put the link into the comment section here.

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2009 4:16 pm  

I have the catalog in English
Brown cover is English and Red cover is in German.
An expensive book, but absolutely worth buying.
The listing of furniture, clocks and projects in the back generally list the actual artist who did the design for Nelson Associates.
The photographs in the back section are small, but it's an essential reference for my needs.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@phae99yahoo-com)
Trusted Member
09/12/2009 4:47 am  

Buy it...
It's worth it. It contains an almost complete list of his works and goes into a more in-depth treatment of his life and works than any other book.

ReplyQuote
brbeard
(@brbeard)
Noble Member
10/12/2009 3:02 am  

alright, you guys are swaying...
alright, you guys are swaying me 🙂 thank you all for your comments!

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
10/12/2009 4:18 am  

It's really a great reference
If you buy this, as well as reprints of the Herman Miller catalogs (from Schiffer), then you'll have a comprehensive look at the wonderful designs that came out of the George Nelson Associates office!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register