Cart

Vintage Chair, with...

Vintage Chair, with unique wing arm rest Any ideas on Manufacturer  

RSS

RobS
 RobS
(@robs)
14/05/2011 4:02 am  

Hi everyone, Does anyone recognize this chair maker or designer? It's an upholstered wingback style chair with unique small wood wing armrests attached to the arms, No manufacturer marks. Cushion lifts rubber straps support. Any information would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

bubs
 bubs
(@rob-petrungarogmail-com)
Trusted Member
14/05/2011 4:15 am  

Pearsall
Adrian Pearsall/Craft Associates? Looks pretty similar

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
14/05/2011 5:25 am  

I'm sure
this chair hass featured here before, but it's always a help if you say where in the world you are
(there is life outside the US)

ReplyQuote
RobS
 RobS
(@robs)
14/05/2011 10:42 am  

Thanks for the info identifing this Adrian Pearsall Lounge Chair
Your info appears to be right on! Found the following link for designer Adrian Pearsall at Craft Associates Inc. of Wilkes-Barre PA.
Looks like two wing backs styles were produced one a high back the other low, my chair does appear to be very similar to the low back version and is cataloged as #1410-C, however the leg shape on mine leans more forward . http://www.adrianpearsall.com/catalogs.htm
Thanks again for setting me on the correct path! Much appreciated.
http://www.adrianpearsall.com/catalogs.htm

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
14/05/2011 11:04 am  

There's a very
close similarity between the yellow-upholstered chair here and the photo of 1410C from the Adrian Pearsall catalog -- but I don't believe the two frames are identical.

ReplyQuote
RobS
 RobS
(@robs)
14/05/2011 8:48 pm  

I see the difference
At closer look I can see the difference, mine is more leaning forward as if it's going somewhere while the 1410-c in the catalog has arrived, at rest and leaning back.

ReplyQuote
RobS
 RobS
(@robs)
14/05/2011 8:56 pm  

Way out here in on the West coast of the US in the soggy Pacific NW, in the State of Oregon

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
14/05/2011 9:23 pm  

Right, Rob.
And yours has a more assertive shape to the top of the leg frame, and a different shape to the armrest. An inspired copy ? Clearly a production piece, I would say. Could it be a lighter-toned walnut, or some other specie ?
It looks comfortable. How do those armrests feel to the user ? I wonder if it was made with a head-pillow . . .
Was the original owner in the habit of running his right hand through his dyed and pomaded hair, perhaps ?

ReplyQuote
RobS
 RobS
(@robs)
15/05/2011 6:49 am  

Very comfortable
It's very comfortable, leans back just right, elbows rest pefectly, does set low and takes an extra boost to exit.

ReplyQuote
Kianne
(@kianne)
26/09/2011 8:02 am  

Chair number 2291-c
The gold chair is an Adrian Pearsall chair number 2291-c. My aunt has a matching pair in orange and they are very comfortable to sit in. They are low to the ground with wide seating a nice back support. A cushioned headrest was not included in this particular model.
This is a link to a catalog of all of Pearsall's design's. Enjoy looking through his work and browsing the catalog. Pearsall recently passed away earlier this month.
http://www.adrianpearsall.com/catalogs.htm

ReplyQuote
(@weirkillianhotmail-com)
31/10/2012 6:28 pm  

i have a 2291-c
i stumbled across a 2291-c before i ever knew what it was. it was in the alley wherre the previous owner tossed it out. i sat in it and it is super comfortable. thanks to this website i now know what it is.
even with the gaudy fabric worn around the wings and the cushion turned to dust it is just so darn nice to sit in. where does one go to get such a beauty revitilized without destroying it?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register