Cart

Victim Of Our Own S...

Victim Of Our Own Success?  

RSS

Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2009 1:18 am  

There have been lots of posts about the state of the forum today. (including by me) and suggestions that people Google for their answers; but the truth is that they probably already Googled and then arrived here- it's such a great online source of information with a great number of links and therefore Google hits.
My wish is that people would interact and appreciate the resource more- stick around for the answers to their questions, listen and learn (as we all do) from the respective experts here, give thanks for the information given and just respect what Patrick and Alix have given us here.

bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2009 4:02 am  

hear hear.
hear hear.

ReplyQuote
mommapud
(@mommapud)
17/10/2009 4:14 am  

I do stick around to listen...
I do stick around to listen and learn, but very rarely feel I have anything to add. I'm sure I'm not alone. Not everyone runs away, but some quake in the presence of y'all 😉

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2009 5:28 am  

DA is great
and who besides me have PayPal'ed them a donation? I only did it once, but felt mighty good afterwards.

ReplyQuote
HowardMoon
(@howardmoon)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2009 1:30 pm  

Very well put Robert,
I have posted a fair few ID request in my time, but only when all other avenues of investigation have been fruitless, I like to think I am always curtious and appreciative of any contributions.
Sure, we have all seen some requests for a well known object to be ID`d which can be tiresome.
I hope some of the more challenging ID requests are respected and seen by all as interesting and a chance to increase our collective knowledge.
Despite the recent criticisms, I would to thank Patrick and Alex for creating DA and giving us all the chance to interact with so many like minded people around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Danish-homestore.com
(@danish-homestore-com)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2009 2:39 pm  

sometimes I
do ignor requests to ID something which is so obviously easy if someone had looked over the furniture and found the makers mark which is mostly there on the greats.
But then I simply dont answer and await something else to come along.
Sometimes I do feel like a boring bast*rd because I have the ability to ID something from just seeing a snippet ot the corner or outline, but then that has helped me find some great designs just from a glance into a skip! Those days are rare now.
The DA forum works. It's simple, we all interact and talk to each other without barriers and glass ceilings so if it aint broke dont' try to fix it.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2009 2:53 pm  

I havn't kept up with what...
I havn't kept up with what people have have been saying about this lately, I hope no one thinks I have an outright dislike for id or help requests, I've made them myself and spent a fair bit of time looking for information for people in the past who I don't know and have no expectation of thanks from, I just enjoy it for the challenge and the chance to share what I find.
However I think, an opinion only, that the 'help me' questions have begun to dominate and that its a very narrow beam on what could be a much larger, more diverse forum.
If this is to be the way of it now I'll accept it and go and make some shelves or something, carry on DA.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register