I will check around for one tonight.

ReplyQuote
dsil
 dsil
(@dsil)
Estimable Member
27/07/2010 6:35 am  

Norelco 12
The Norelco 12 is the perfect companion for the chemex. It fits perfectly under the showerhead with the chemex filter "ears" folded under. It also heats the water to the proper brewing temperature. Great vintage machine.

ReplyQuote
dsil
 dsil
(@dsil)
Estimable Member
27/07/2010 6:42 am  

Technivorm
You should get a lifetime of great service out of that hand assembled machine. All parts are available for replacement, this is not a throw away machine.

ReplyQuote
J.J.
 J.J.
(@j-j)
Trusted Member
27/07/2010 12:46 pm  

Thanks Lenox
Hope you find one.
Waiting patiently to brew...

ReplyQuote
J.J.
 J.J.
(@j-j)
Trusted Member
29/07/2010 9:23 pm  

Norelco 12 Dial-A-Brew Manual
Hey guys,
Still looking for a manual for the Norelco I picked up. If any of you have one and would be willing to scan/email it to me please let me know.
Hope you found yours Lenox!
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Gustaf
(@gustaf)
Famed Member
30/07/2010 1:09 am  

Bialetti Moka Express
This is as complicated as a coffee maker should be. I have these in three sizes, just like in the picture, but without the silly logo.
I bought a Technivorm for my mother, which I also recommend highly.

ReplyQuote
J.J.
 J.J.
(@j-j)
Trusted Member
05/08/2010 10:03 pm  

Norelco Manual
Hey all,
Still trying to track down a manual for a Norelco 12/Dial-A-Brew. Called Norelco and was bounced around only to hear back yesterday there's nothing they can do. Searched Coffee Geek forums and still hitting a dead end. No one on Craigslist or Ebay are selling one currently.
Anyone have one out there, they'd be willing to scan and email to me?
Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Lenox
(@lenox)
Famed Member
06/08/2010 1:23 am  

JJ
We have come up empty handed. Naturally, you may just have to experiment a bit. We have that dial a brew as well, however, it still has not been used. We bought it as a replacement for the "just in case." Perhaps I will give it a try next week. Best of luck, Lenox

ReplyQuote
gene
 gene
(@genebalkgmail-com)
Famed Member
06/08/2010 3:39 am  

hey thenorgethrifter
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been checking this thread for a while. Congrats on getting a great deal! Just so you know, Nespresso will still service the Alessi machine even though it's been discontinued for some years. I had my machine worked on recently and it is as good as new. I do have the manual, so if I can answer any questions let me know. You'll need to order a cleaning kit for it. As far as capsules, I love Ristretto, and I also keep some of the decaf ones on hand.

ReplyQuote
J.J.
 J.J.
(@j-j)
Trusted Member
06/08/2010 9:06 pm  

Lenox and manual for a 12 found
Thanks Lenox for checking. I actually spotted someone on Etsy who's selling a Norelco 12 (just the standard) in the box with the manual and filter. She was kind enough to scan me the manual and email it off.
Obviously it doesn't show how to use the dial-a-brew (my model is HB5150) but it does give a pretty good foundation. Also the filters are 3 1/2" DISC filters if anyone is curious. Couldn't track them down at my local Fred Meyer so I'll probably have to get more serious.
cheers

ReplyQuote
lundo
(@jonnylundomsn-com)
14/11/2010 9:53 am  

norelco 12 and chemex match made in heaven
I wanted a technivorm.couldnt justify the price.my aeropress and chemex with a copper bottomed westbend triger kettle for right off boiling has made the best coffee i have ever tasted.I found the norelco 12 at a second hand shop for 5 bucks thinking 1500 watts should be enough and i loved the simplicity of the norelco ;no switch to malfunction ,just plug in . the beauty of the combo is that you have enough room to stir the grounds and make the cofee bloom. poor mans technivorm . glad to see someone else came up with combo!! keep it simple and cheap!i love beating the system!lundo

ReplyQuote
tick
 tick
(@tick)
Noble Member
14/11/2010 11:45 am  

Vesuviana
A beautiful looking machine that makes a tasty brew.

ReplyQuote
Cloudburst2000
(@cloudburst2000)
Famed Member
14/11/2010 3:52 pm  

Hmmm...don't really feel...
Hmmm...don't really feel like digging the coffeemaker out from the back of the cabinet. Yes, back of the cabinet. I hate coffee so do all my siblings and mother. I didn't even have a coffeemaker until my mom got me a cheapy one for any company that might want coffee. It's been used about two to three times in 5yrs. I usually don't offer coffee to most company...friends, etc. They all know my dislike for coffee. I offer other beverages. Not even sure I know how to make coffee. I know you put that ground up coffee stuff in a filter thingy and add water into the back. That's about it LOL

ReplyQuote
tick
 tick
(@tick)
Noble Member
15/11/2010 12:32 am  

I love coffee
Just had my cuppa coffee and I am pleased to say that it was delicious. I love the smell of freshly ground organic coffee. Many coffee companies use pesticides on crops, try organic and you will never go back to pre-packaged blocks, pods, etc from the supermarket.
Now this thread has got me wondering what your teapots look like.

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
15/11/2010 1:47 am  

There was a teapot thread...
There was a teapot thread about a year ago... Yeah, here it is:
http://www.designaddict.com/design_addict/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/th...

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register