Shipping Herman Miller products to Europe  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

uwe
 uwe
(@uwe)
Eminent Member
30/06/2008 3:50 pm  

Is there any dealer who ships Herman Miller products (Nelson Round Swag Leg Table or Eames Round Dining Table) to Europe?

I know there are licence problems by shipping Herman Miller to Europe but I can't find the requested products by Vitra. :-/

Many thanks and best regards from Germany,

Uwe

Big Television Man
(@big-television-man)
Famed Member
01/07/2008 4:54 am  

Given the weakness of the dollar
against the Euro. You could almost fly in for two days, buy a bunch of stuff and pack and ship it yourself or pack it up and check it as luggage. Of course this is not practical if you were buying, say only a single item but maybe with the table and another item.

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/07/2008 9:13 am  

with your Euro the way it...
with your Euro the way it is you could make a trip to NYC and go to DWR and buy everything with your strong Euro, and have it all shipped over, since they have a lot of stuff on the floor you could get a deal and also make sure that it gets marked as Used and i bet even save more money, for the first time in 50 years you guys are in the drivers seat
with the money. you can just about do any thing you want with your strong Euro even buy a few oil contracts and make some real money,

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
01/07/2008 9:14 am  

ReplyQuote
RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
01/07/2008 6:09 pm  

The main issue in the UK is...
The main issue in the UK is the dreaded import duty. I'd like to buy a Nelson bench as even the 4ft is expensive in the UK but once I factor shipping/tax I probably wouldn't save an awful lot! Nothing is ever as good as it first seems..

ReplyQuote
jef180 (FIN)
(@jef180-fin)
Trusted Member
01/07/2008 7:11 pm  

Shipping it over tax free
What kind of experience do you have of buying Herman Miller, Knoll, Eames, Saarinen or other furniture from Ebay, Craigslist or dealers and having it shipped over to Europe? Are customs very thorough when checking goods or do they let them right through if marked as a gift or used?
The strong euro does make the prospect of buying furniture interesting but it all adds up to zero when the taxes and shipping are added. What is the best way of having it brought over here. I live in Finland by the way.

ReplyQuote
RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
01/07/2008 7:32 pm  

In my experience, it is only...
In my experience, it is only worth buying higher value items. Shipping costs vary hugely pending carrier. It's worth getting a few quotes, I'm not sure what the law is in Finland but we get charged around 17% I think of the value for duty, so when you add on the shipping cost it can be expensive.

ReplyQuote
LuciferSum
(@lucifersum)
Illustrious Member
01/07/2008 9:25 pm  

To my knowledge
There arent any retailers who can ship new Herman Miller pieces abroad given HM's relationship with Vitra. Because Vitra is the European/Middle Eastern/Asian dealer HM doesnt allow US retailers to ship to those places.

ReplyQuote
RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
01/07/2008 9:31 pm  

Lucifer - I think you are...
Lucifer - I think you are right. The only way would be to have a friend/relative buy on your behalf, then ship for you.

ReplyQuote
birdsarepiesthe...
(@birdsarepiesthe)
01/07/2008 11:29 pm  

the restrictions for herman...
the restrictions for herman miller products to be shipped outside of the usa are really strong, like you said. but i found a mailorder, called circa50, which is shipping stuff to me (germany). shipping isn't this expensiv, and with the good exchange rate of the euro, you save a lot of money. the only problem is that they don't have a big rnage of products. the nelson table you want is available 😉 but why didn't you have an eye on ebay? i sold two of them on sunday on our ebay 🙂 wieso scheibe ich eigentlich auf englisch? es lohnt sich auch bei ebay.com die augen offen zu halten. viele der kommerzielleren anbieter verschicken ihre sachen relativ günstig nach europa. is dann aber second hand...
mitm zoll is das sone sache, habe schön des öfteren was aus amerika bestellt, zwei mal bis jetzt im zoll gelandet. dann sparste natürlich nichts mehr. machst aber auch keinen verlust. is also immer nen versuch wert.
habe mir mal ausgrechnet, das, wenn man sich mal die vitra preise füreine bertoia bank ansieht, und demnach auch die erziehlten bei ebay, würde man sogar gewinn manchen, sich eine bei circa zu ordern und die hier als sealed bei ebay zu veräußern...

ReplyQuote
birdsarepiesthe...
(@birdsarepiesthe)
01/07/2008 11:33 pm  

ach und den tisch gibts im...
ach und den tisch gibts im übrigen auch von vitra 🙂 für stolze 620 bis 800 euro...

ReplyQuote
uwe
 uwe
(@uwe)
Eminent Member
03/07/2008 12:42 am  

Welcher Tisch bei Vitra?
Welchen Tisch? Den Eames Round Dining Table mit 1,20 oder 1,30m Durchmesser?

ReplyQuote
uwe
 uwe
(@uwe)
Eminent Member
03/07/2008 12:50 am  

Also mir geht es um...
Also mir geht es um Esstische mit mind. 71cm Höhe und 120cm Durchmesser. Diese habe ich bei Ebay leider nicht gefunden.

ReplyQuote
birdsarepiesthe...
(@birdsarepiesthe)
04/07/2008 7:37 am  

ne, zwei weiße nelson swag...
ne, zwei weiße nelson swag leg tables, einen großen flachen und einen side table ...
sind nun aber eh verkauft...
heute ist mein eames ltrt mit weißer base aus den staaten angekommen. perfektes teil und lieferung in 3(!) tagen. circa kann ich wirklich nur empfehlen! jetzt fehlt mir nur noch die passende weiße wire base für meinen la fonda...

ReplyQuote
birdsarepiesthe...
(@birdsarepiesthe)
04/07/2008 7:40 am  

achso, schau doch mal bei...
achso, schau doch mal bei marktplaats.nl
da hab ich schon des öfteren eames dining- und arbeitstische mit vierstern base oder dieser lafondaartigen base gesehen. preislich ganz akzeptabel, nur der versand bzw abholung bei einem tisch in der größe ist eher schwierig... aber nen blick ists wert

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register