Shell color  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
14/08/2013 8:37 am  

Say it twice for emphasis?
I have some perfectly matched pairs too.
No big deal. Its not like they dont exist. I was making a point.
(But then again, maybe I would not agree with you about your chairs being a perfect match.. )
You never know.
But its nice when they match too.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
14/08/2013 8:42 am  

Of the top snappy's..
I like the bottom shade of green, as I would think that it is what Mr. Eames would only had been aware of, and specified. But maybe not. Ray was brighter.
Best,
Mark
(edited because I'm a fool.)

ReplyQuote
Modman
(@eamesboyaol-com)
14/08/2013 8:52 am  

Emphasized.....
Both sets are "original pairs" and look good displayed together for sure which is how my sets live, side by side. I didn't intend to be a smart ass......so no malice intended! I'd post pictures but have trouble pulling that off on this site. It would be nice if you could just compress a picture and post it without bothering with the bs of posting it to another site. I enjoy this forum and would like to share some of my treasures here but alas I'm tech challenged sometimes!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
14/08/2013 8:59 am  

Well, as mother used to say..
a smart ass is oh so much better than a dumb ass. I like all of your shells.
just a thought.
Praise 420,
Aunt Mark
ps (edit) your shells/chairs are absolutely lovely. You and chairs are quite lucky to appreciate each other. I have no issues with the mis-match.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
14/08/2013 10:20 am  

OK Modman,
I am sure they are a good match.
I was being weird. Sorry. You didn't say anything that could be construed as malice at all.
I have a bunch of chairs because... well, just because, and out of about 35 shells, accumulated over 25 years, I make about six or seven decently matched pairs, just based on looks, from various chairs found far and wide. I like to rotate them in the special PAIR spot of honor in my living room. And every few months I break out another pair.
But then there are also 4 "authentic" pairs, that have been pairs all of their lives (perhaps like yours) But of those, only two are perfect matches.
I have a couple of sets that have to be lifetime pairs, but have aged differently, or never were perfect matches to begin with. But just knowing that they were paired originally has its own meaning too, and sometimes its not a matter of how they look, but more a matter of the story implied by the mis- match.
Anyway, probably more than you needed to know about my personal um "problems". LOL Think what i would be like after THREE beers.
I have the same issues with posting photos on here as you do. Big pain in the ass. I dont know how mark does it with all the snappies.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
14/08/2013 10:27 am  

Mark
I am trying to figure out which chairs, real or imagined, you are referring to!
Did i miss something? Did i miss everything?
Were there some other chair photos posted before? OR are you talking about my old "Eames Buffet" photo?
I cant keep up with you. But that is not unusual.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
14/08/2013 10:31 am  

OH
Mark. Nevermind. I see you were talking about the green ones at the top.
Carry on.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register