Design Addict

Cart

Repop womb chair

Repop womb chair  

RSS

erikastout1
(@erikastout1)
19/09/2016 1:27 am  

I purchased what I know to be a reop womb chair for 50 dollars. Can you tell me what to look for in future pursuits? I apologize for my ignorance, I'm new here. Thank you. Also, if anyone can identify my 7 foot lamp, that would be great!

TinyArmada
(@tinyarmada)
Famed Member
19/09/2016 2:47 am  

The photo of your lamp did not load.
I don't know the term "reop" but I'm assuming it means a knock-off or imitation? I've heard people use the term op-shop in New Zealand for second hand stores, but not the term re-op.
Are you asking what to look for in the future in regards to Womb chairs? A Knoll label (or Vitra if you are outside the USA) would be the first thing and the sheer quality would be the second. Vintage Knoll furniture is of exceptional quality and it is easy to recognize, esp in comparison to knock-offs. A real womb chair is HEAVY, solid and usually (not always) has great hopsack upholstery. I'm sure they might be out there but I've never seen an imitation womb chair that upon inspection could ever be mistaken for Knoll production - maybe from 30 feet away but not from 5 feet. (Of course, I'm nearsighted others might spot it from 30)
If you are asking what to look for in general in the future - the answer is also quality along with good design.

ReplyQuote
erikastout1
(@erikastout1)
19/09/2016 2:51 am  

Thank you. I posted about my lamp in another post but this is a picture of it.

ReplyQuote
Andrew J Edinburgh
(@andrew-j-edinburgh)
Honorable Member
19/09/2016 4:07 pm  

Hi TinyArmada,
Good to see you posting again. For the avoidance of doubt, Vitra don't make any version of the Womb chair, unless you're counting the miniature one that they reproduce!
http://www.nest.co.uk/product/vitra-miniature-womb-chair-ottoman

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register