Design Addict

Cart

Need a good advice ...

Need a good advice re. Rarity "Home Desk" (Swag Leg Desk) from George Nelson, produced by Hermann Miller 1970  

RSS

Verena Giese
(@v-giesesunrise-ch)
19/10/2014 11:36 pm  

I have a real desk rarity classic "home desk" (Swag Leg Desk) from George Nelson, original still produced by Herman Miller,1970/ 1971.I know that this desk achieves a price of approx. Euro 4.500- 5.000 in auctions but I would prefer to sell it to a real "design lover". And I wouldn't charge Euro 4.000,- That's why I am afraid to sell it here... Sorry, I don't want to disregard the rules within this forum!My desk has the legs connected by rosewood (the current models are made ​​of veneered walnut).Also, the on the table fixed top drawers are also made of rosewood (the current models are colored and made ​​of veneered walnut).I would like to sell it because unfortunately I don't have space for it.Can anyone give me a good advice how to find somebody?Thanks in advance for any comment and/ or advice.Verena

objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
20/10/2014 12:16 am  

Use Craigslist and be patient.  If I were you, I'd just keep it.

ReplyQuote
Verena Giese
(@v-giesesunrise-ch)
20/10/2014 11:56 am  

Thank you. I have never heard about Craigslist.
I looked it up; it seems to be very popular in the US but unfortunately not yet in Europe or am I wrong?

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
20/10/2014 10:35 pm  

I was playing with it yesterday and did notice that it was a bit sparse; there are only two items listed in the Antiques section in Frankfurt, Germany, for example.  It wouldn't hurt to try it though, I reckon.
I've bought/sold/traded all kinds of stuff with Craigslist (in the US), it's free and you can deal personally and locally without messing around with shipping and credit cards. 

ReplyQuote
Verena Giese
(@v-giesesunrise-ch)
20/10/2014 10:51 pm  

Dear objectworship
do you live in the US?
I guess it will be hard to ship it over to the States...!?? Especially with all this customs' papers plus the costs of transport. Or am I wrong?

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
21/10/2014 1:07 am  

Yes.  
I'd be concerned with internationally shipping the thing without going through some sort of a broker, and I don't think its dollar value would justify the hassle, or risk of getting burned on a bad deal.  
I like to arrange sales in a way that the buyer comes (after some sort of an interview), we discuss it, I receive cash money, and everybody gets what they perceive to be 'fair'.  I buy things the same way, but reversed.
Of course, each situation has its own conditions.  I bought a book from New Zealand once.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
22/10/2014 12:19 am  

Try Design Addict Marketplace  . . . ?

ReplyQuote
Verena Giese
(@v-giesesunrise-ch)
22/10/2014 12:29 am  

By myself as a seller?
Have YOU ever tried it?
to be honest, I am not sure how it works.... Is it that I have to buy a kind of ticket for three months for Euro 7,- ?
Would be worth a try....
Thank you 🙂

ReplyQuote
Verena Giese
(@v-giesesunrise-ch)
25/10/2014 12:17 am  

Dear SDR
have you ever sold anything via Design addict Marketplace? If yes, what was your experience?
Thank you for your comment.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
25/10/2014 4:48 am  

Sorry -- no, I haven't.  I'm a watcher, not a collector.  But the good people at DA seem to do everything right, so it looked like a good call.  Ask around . . .

ReplyQuote
6of1
 6of1
(@6of1)
01/12/2014 2:46 pm  

Dear Verena,
Where are you from?
I have a George Nelson clock but never brought any furniture.
I live in Bromley Kent in the UK

ReplyQuote
Verena Giese
(@v-giesesunrise-ch)
01/12/2014 2:54 pm  

Hello
I live in Switzerland but the desk was bought in Germany and is still standing there.
Best wishes

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register