Cart

Moller Extendable T...

Moller Extendable Table Identification  

RSS

SandraG
(@sandrag)
Eminent Member
17/01/2016 2:40 am  

Last weekend, I came across 4 matching Gunlocke chairs paired with (what looks like) a Moller round, extendable table. I was waiting for the sales gal to get finished talking to a customer so I could tell her I wanted all of it, when a woman swooped in, ripped the tag off and ran to the register. I went back in the store today and the sales lady said the woman took it to HER store about 30 miles away....so, I trekked to her store to look at the items again. I was crawling around on the floor, trying to determine if there were any markings on the table, but the woman kept yelling, "What are you looking for?" I didn't dare take a picture. The prices have been marked up a bit, so I'm trying to get a more positive ID on the table before making the leap of purchasing.
The table had some interesting hardware underneath, but I haven't found a picture of the underside of a Moller table online. There were two latches under the table top, almost like you would see on a suitcase. I thought if I could identify the hardware, I could confirm the table's identity without a pic. The table is like the one in this listing:
http://www.designaddict.com/buy-and-sell/Furniture/dining-tables/Set-4-chairs-and-table-oak-Niels-Moller
If anyone has any info on how the top attaches to the base or the hardware for this table, I would be very grateful. I will probably purchase without confirmation anyway, and post a pic tomorrow, but I thought I would ask.
Thanks!
Sandra

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
17/01/2016 2:47 am  

I suspect the table you are looking at was manufactured by Gudme Møbelfabrik. Gudme tables are often mis-attributed as a N.O. Møller design, probably because the Gudme catalog used Møller chairs around their tables (but that is just a guess). I have never seen a credible design credit, and I suspect they were designed by Gudme.

ReplyQuote
SandraG
(@sandrag)
Eminent Member
17/01/2016 2:56 am  

Thank you, Leif! This is very helpful. If I decide to go back for the pieces tomorrow, I will post a picture.
Sandra

ReplyQuote
therye
(@therye)
Estimable Member
17/01/2016 9:41 pm  

Gudme used the Danish Control Emblem so even if you don't see a Gudme stamp, if you see the Danish Control emblem it is likely Gudme.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register