Modern designed beds  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Linda McAndrew
(@oshunbrzsan-rr-com)
Reputable Member
18/06/2011 8:09 am  

Min bed...
Noticed that bed and it's very clean and simple, nice looking. However, i'm taking the big plunge and ordering a Peter Maly bed... the Lumeo with headboard ambient lighting and swivel side bed lamps that clamp onto the frame. The cost is outrageous... yep, it hurts a little but the design is very beautiful and I think it definately say's quality. I might chicken out before the weekends over... it's on sale.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
18/06/2011 6:42 pm  

My fiancee's wish is my desire
Zencat,
I like the Maley bed and my finacee likes the Masanori Umeda, Tawaraya boxing ring for Memphis-Milano. I too like this bed. I already know the price is somewhat high. My fiancee's wish is my desire!

ReplyQuote
Linda McAndrew
(@oshunbrzsan-rr-com)
Reputable Member
21/06/2011 5:02 am  

Unusual bed... niceguy..
Curious, if you don't mind my inquiry.. how much is that bed? what size? I've never seen anything like it.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
21/06/2011 6:05 am  

unusual bed
Zencat,
It is true that you do not see the Masanori Umeda, Tawaraya boxing ring for Memphis-Milano in too many bedrooms or in many homes for that matter. There is no need to concern ones self that the neighbor down the street has the same thing.
The dimensions are: 195 cm. high x 280 cm. wide x 280 cm. deep. The Tawaraya boxing ring does not come up for sale too often and a good average price for one at auction should be in the area of $10,000.00+ (the last ones I saw sold for $10,000.00 and $13,000.00).

ReplyQuote
don27
(@gio-1gmx-net)
21/06/2011 10:40 am  

team by wellis
google for team by wellis BoRa... it is a Swiss label which was recently bought by DSG (deSede Group)... The cool thing about this bed is, that you can buy it with a turntable underneath... 😉
..but it is pretty expensive too...

ReplyQuote
claus (DE)
(@claus-de)
Noble Member
25/06/2011 1:30 am  

how about this one?
just discovered german manufacturer zeitraum who makes this sleek bed.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
25/06/2011 2:31 am  

Hey
That's pretty cool... Is it solid wood?

ReplyQuote
claus (DE)
(@claus-de)
Noble Member
25/06/2011 4:10 am  

the website says it's...
the website says it's available in oak and American walnut, i guess it' solid. if you visit the site be sure to look at the tables as well, some great designs there as well.
another German company with nice beds: http://www.holzmanufaktur.com/#/sleep
if you're looking for well made, solid wood furniture these days it's all about the small manufacturers. Good craft goes with small numbers i guess.
http://www.zeitraum-moebel.de/eng/produkt.php?Produkt=MELLOW&Seite=1

ReplyQuote
Zanone
(@zanone)
Trusted Member
25/06/2011 4:14 am  

Umeda's Boxing Ring
I use mine as my bed.

ReplyQuote
Zanone
(@zanone)
Trusted Member
25/06/2011 4:20 am  

Tawaraya Ring Concept
One of the concept drawings for Umeda's ring is shown here as a bed but Memphis called it a "conversation pit" for some reason. There's an iconic photo of Sottsass and the other Memphis group in the "pit".

ReplyQuote
michaelmaloney
(@michael-gold-maloneygmail-com)
01/10/2014 12:38 pm  

I love shopping around for new furniture and storage units for the house - but I think when it comes to the bedroom, it's not really the bed that matters, it's the mattress! You're going to want to spend a little more money on the texture and firmness of the mattress so that you get a good night's sleep and a comfortable one at that! Normally when you pick out one, you'll get discounts for the bedframes anyway, so that might be a good way to go! Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
01/10/2014 11:28 pm  

I'm seconding the malm bed
(and checking out the new photo uploader!)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register