Design Addict

Cart

Mario Bellini's Cam...

Mario Bellini's Camaleonda System...Comfortable?  

RSS

jonn
 jonn
(@jonn)
29/10/2006 1:32 am  

I want to buy these but have not had the opportuntity to actually sit in one. Is it a case for form over function or actually usuable as a seating system?
Thanks for any replys.

vivienne
(@vivienne)
Illustrious Member
29/10/2006 1:35 am  

Does it matter?
If you want to buy something just buy it! you shouldnt need to ask others their opinion.Lifes to short to live by other peoples beliefs baby.

ReplyQuote
undesignable-46
(@undesignable-46)
Eminent Member
29/10/2006 1:13 pm  

Furniture are like your...
Furniture are like your mind. But maybe you could ask you different qustion : Do you want to live with this sofa ? What do you think about it ? Did it give you some smille ? or something else ?

ReplyQuote
ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
29/10/2006 10:43 pm  

sofa experienced persons
hi John,
yes, I know what you mean. Koen phrased it in another thread approx as: choosing seating furniture should not come down to some christo- judeo reflex: it should be both visually pleasing and offer a nice seating experience. :oD Sorry, uncomfortable seats are one of my fave pet peeves, so I liked the cite tremendously and could not resist repeating it. Hope I will be forgiven for it.
However, I believe this is only a moderate sized forum, while the seat you mention is not that common. So I am afraid you will not reach a large sample size of people who have actually sat in that sofa. Even if some people reply, please be aware that diff people have diff physical shapes, with diff length of legs, etc. Unless a lot people (overall, regardless of individual differences in bodily appearance) respond with the same answer (either comfortable/ uncomfortable), you still do not have a clue of whether it will likely be a comfortable sofa for you. So I guess, unfortunately, the only way to go is to ring around and locate a sofa so you can sit in it for yourself. Try to sit in it for more than 15 mins on end if you possibly can, and be aware of what you mostly want to use the sofa for: some people sit in a different position reading a book vs watching television.
Also be aware of things like seat depth and seat height. Too often sofas are made to deep, which means no back support when you sit in it normally. This can be fixed by using the sofa with a hocker (i mean footstool) to rest your feet on, so your back can rest against the back cushion. Some older people can have difficulties getting out of very low sofas.
Anyway, i hope you find the sofa of your dreams, without the christo- judeo reflex .. :o)
ite

ReplyQuote
Synthetic Space
(@contactsyntheticspace-com)
16/11/2006 7:56 pm  

Camaleonda
John,
We have had a large Camaleonda seating system for several years, and we really love it. Definitely not an example of form over function, as it is highly functional and can be used in so many different ways. I find the sofa to be quite comfortable, although of course you don't sink into it the way you do with some less structured sofas. Below is a link to a photo of part of our system.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register