The Last Thing That You Acquired #48  

Page 4 / 7
  RSS

niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 6:41 pm  

I could not locate any "boring kitchen items" and bought these pieces:
1. Homer Laughlin China Company 2011 Fiesta 75th Anniversary Christmas ceramic ornament
2. Pewabic Detroit 2009 Snowflake Christmas ceramic ornaments
3. Tiffany & Company crystal box
This is good...

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 9:30 pm  

@ Zephyr. Your hedgehogs certainly look legit to me. Here is a guide on how to spot the real stuff: http://www.modernviennabronze.com/walter-bosse-news/authenticating-your-....
And the 12 - 0 on your arabia teapot is indeed supposed to be the production date at MM - YY format. Unfortunatly, I really have no idea what the 0 stands for.
Here is the Arabia stamps index: http://www.arabia.fi/en/Arabia-Story/COLLECTING-ARABIA/Factory-stamps
I have looked at the stamps of my Arabia Finland items. Contrary to what they say, they have continued to use the date on the 1964-1971 stamps. The differences between the 2 stamps (49-64 and 64-71) are not obvious if you cannot compare them with your own eyes... the later stamps being a little smaller and the letters somewhat thicker.
On the 1949-1964 stamp, the word Arabia measures 1,9 cm (at the base).
On the 1964-1971 stamp, the word Arabia measures 1,6 cm (at the base).

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 11:29 am  

Can someone help me ID these 2 recent purchases?
* The first one is a wooden candle holder I bought on the street in Copenhagen to what seemed to be an homeless guy. It was painted in white but the paint was in such a bad condition that I stripped it, sanded the wood and oiled it. It is marked with a 'made in sweden' stamp and the brand sticker. The word on the sticker means trademark in Swedish...
* Second one is a little glass vase I bought for 1€ at a garage sale. It is obviously hand made and the glass is pretty thick. Because of the bubble, I tend to think it is kosta boda. Can anyone confirm?

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 5:23 pm  

Not for everyone...
an orange pair of Ward Bennett swivel lounge chairs. In pretty excellent condition, a few rubs on the corners.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2016 11:29 pm  

Pillow Talk.
I bought these toss pillows last year to freshen up the terrace, but brought 'em home and didn't like. This year I like them just fine. Down filled, no broken beaks, made in the USA, Scotch Guarded for spills. hi.
Pillow talk,
Aunt Mark
ps. hi
pss. the tye- dyed yellow pillow smells gamey, sorta like a _______. Just sayin'.

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
14/11/2016 3:57 pm  

modernefamilie,
The Pearsall chair that I have is a complete gut job. The fabric, foam, pirelli straps all need to be replaced. The walnut base also needs to be refinished too. Unfortunately, I have already sold this project chair to a friend of mine. Usually I would rehab this chair myself, but I have to many projects underway right now, so I decided to just flip it. I asked my friend who bought the chair if he would be interested in selling it to you, but he declined. I am sending the Pearsall chair and a Pearsall table I sold him to Los Angeles. I would of been more than happy to sell you the chair if it was still available.
Best Regards,
Peruche

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
14/11/2016 4:42 pm  

A brand new, unused, vintage condiment set by Arne Jacobsen for Stelton. With the original box and booklet.
1 salt shaker, 1 pepper shaker, and a mustard pot with a spoon.
It appears that these are not produced anymore. There is a paper tag under the box and another identical one under the small tray. Do you guys know when these sets were produced?

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
14/11/2016 4:54 pm  

I saw new Cylinda stuff in Copenhagen shops as recent as the late 90s, maybe up to 2005 though I'm not positive about that.
edited to add:
Hmm....still in production! The S&P shakers are listed and the other thing appears to be the sugar bowl.
https://www.stelton.com/da/designlines/cylinda-line

ReplyQuote
modernefamilie
(@modernefamilie)
Noble Member
14/11/2016 5:15 pm  

Peruche -
If your friend is interested in mine, let me know! My username at gmail is the best way to get me.
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
14/11/2016 7:56 pm  

Thanks Spanky and sorry I should have been more specific. I too saw that the salt and pepper shakers are still in production but it seems that the condiment set (ref. 012-1) is not anymore.
Checking the booklet, I haven't found a date but they mention ´west Germany'. Probably pre-1989 production then...

ReplyQuote
Ernest Ting-Poohsay
(@takingpelham-123gmail-com)
Eminent Member
20/11/2016 7:53 pm  

Secondary and tertiary retail locations had these finds:
1. Michael Lax enamel on cast iron skillet by Morsø Jernstøberi aka Copco Denmark
2. Bjarne Bo Andersen melamine grater by ICI Denmark
3. Jack Mankiewicz Chiocco CeraStar ceramic pepper mill by AdHoc
4. Sigvard Bernadotte and Acton Bjørn Margrethe 2 L Mepal Service melamine mixing bowl by Rosti Denmark

ReplyQuote
Amazake
(@amazake)
Prominent Member
20/11/2016 9:11 pm  

Purchased a 1966 dining set this past week, adding to a great month of purchases via Craigslist and thrift shops
here are the big ones
1966 collection table and chairs
The tabletop was seriously bent, but I dismantled it and straightened it by jumping up and down on it! I figure that the sagging chair and table were victim of a heavy snowfall from a roof. I hope to clean the mesh, and straighten the arms, Any suggestions for cleaning the mildew from the mesh?
Marble Pedestal base table with English royal family decoupage
Now I think I found the perfect table for the Magnus Olesen chairs
Just in time to watch "Crown"
Jacobean?
Chair with modern upholstery

ReplyQuote
(@ponyboy)
Noble Member
21/11/2016 4:36 am  

Finds over the weekend
Eames Loose Cushion Office Chair
Richard Lindh planter for Arabia Finland
HT Huang Toucan Lamp - The image is not the one I found because I gave it to my brother already but its the same colour scheme.

ReplyQuote
JohnQ
(@johnq)
Trusted Member
21/11/2016 5:20 am  

just picked up this Luxus Uno & Osten Kristiansson wall sconce lamp

ReplyQuote
EpocaModerna
(@epocamoderna)
Estimable Member
22/11/2016 5:08 pm  

Fantastic lighting finds, Niceguy. And lots of other cool finds everyone else had, too...
I found a Georg Jensen candle holder, a new Artemide Eclisse lamp by Vico Magistretti, two Ron Arad for Kartell FPE chairs and an unknown designer and make Italian made table.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register