The Last Thing That You Acquired #48  

Page 2 / 7
  RSS

_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
12/10/2016 5:21 pm  

Thanks niceguy, like most of the items I own, it was also in bad shape when I rescued it. Even though the electronics part is in good working condition, the exterior was a mess with peeling veneers, warped sides, loose acrylic cover and grease/grime all over. I can only afford fixer uppers.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
12/10/2016 5:38 pm  

Had a good weekend at the yard-sales and a local consignment shop:
- Thomas Thoft Stoneware Coffee Service
- Rene Mathieu Diablo Sconce
-Dansk/Quistgaard Rare Woods Tray

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
12/10/2016 6:06 pm  

minimoma,
You did a wonderful job... it looks great.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@themorningmoongmail-com)
Eminent Member
13/10/2016 12:05 am  

I got this gorgeous little Glidden vase (by Fong Chow) for $12. The only other similar one I can find available is $180, so I think I did a pretty good job! I got it an antique store where things are typically priced high, so I'm not sure how I got such a deal. Not that I'm complaining.

ReplyQuote
Takskaya
(@takskaya)
15/10/2016 3:24 am  

I got this Nordheimer from a friend who is moving out of town and the piano is just too heavy for the moving. I paid $500 to move it to my place, but the piano itself is free. According to his story, the piano was passed down from his uncle who bought it in the 1950s. So this is actually a mid-century product. The piano is in pristine condition, both the physical structure and the sound.

ReplyQuote
modernefamilie
(@modernefamilie)
Noble Member
16/10/2016 4:57 pm  

Found this Pearsall 1543c chair at a sale yesterday. I'm on the fence about whether to keep it.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
17/10/2016 4:08 am  

A not so vintage poster... It also came with the book.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/10/2016 11:34 pm  

Today, I got the FA Porsche Jazz table lamp for PAF Milan (the Italiana Luce table lamp is inventory). Yesterday, I purchased the Alberto Gherardi Mania ceiling lamp for Studio Design Italia (another closet will be illuminated in style). Both lamps are fully functional in excellent condition. Less than $20.00 for both pieces at two different locations. I have been fortunate with recent lighting acquisitions.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
21/10/2016 12:49 am  

minimoma
I failed to mention nice signed poster with book. I like both Taschen and the work of Julius Shulman. These would fit perfectly with that part of my collection. Congratulations.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
22/10/2016 3:30 am  

Hi.
I've been looking at this pair lamps for a week. Francisco Zuniga opal stone sculptures (circa mid 20th century) properly made into lamps (late 20th century). Custom oval shades are on order. From a lovely Worth Avenue antique boutique. Delivered by spanish gentlemen wearing clean white gloves. Quite heavy.
Hi,
Aunt Mark
ps hi.

ReplyQuote
My Panton Home
(@my-panton-home)
Prominent Member
24/10/2016 5:58 pm  

This weekends curbside find.
Four "Amiral" (admiral) chairs designed by Karin Mobring for Ikea in 1971.
Three were good with pretty patina but someone had gone mad with a razor in on the fourth one, but Its still amazing what people thow away.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
26/10/2016 5:37 pm  

My new Tiffany & Company Holiday 19996 Christmas ceramic ornament and the Lella Vignelli deep loaf-pâté pan for Heller (my second) are yesterday's finds. This is good.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
27/10/2016 3:17 am  

Before picking up the boy dropped by the Goodwill.
- What appears to be a very early Edith Heath Studio piece. Really handsome
- Love Robert Indiana. Have a 2nd edition printing of his LOVE/Indiana Stable May 66 poster which I cherish. This appears to be a licensed ver. of the LOVE sculpture. Mostly they are marked but this one isn't. It's a exact fake if it's a fake.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
28/10/2016 1:17 am  

I got the six Dansk Gourmet Design Denmark Cook's Cube storage canisters and the Lilly Pulitzer playing cards for a few dollars at Goodwill.

ReplyQuote
Takskaya
(@takskaya)
28/10/2016 2:41 am  

Just got a couple of these miniature toy chairs because they look so cute on the table. It's a Eames daw armchair with molded plastic and metal legs. It measures roughly 5 inches tall. I got them for $10 each.
Now when I look at them, I'm thinking of getting the real thing. They're not that expensive compared with these toys. I checked them online and the replicas are sold for roughly $60 usd.
https://www.wazofurniture.com/products/eames-style-molded-armchair?varia...
The legs are wooden though.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register