Page 9 / 11
  RSS

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
11/08/2015 5:11 pm  

too, to, two.....
actually it started out as a crane, but blossomed into an owl after dinner (it's all so blurry..). They both taste like chicken.
yup,
Aunt M

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
12/08/2015 2:55 am  

Thanks, @niceguy. That's definitely not a normal day for us.
I will say that I think those Kaare Klints are the finds of our lifetimes. I have been looking for a set for years and figured they did not exist in California. It turns out that these were brought to the States decades ago by a Danish family with a complete Klint dining set, including two sideboards, a dining table ,and six more of these chairs in tan leather. Supposedly the other half of the family that stayed in Denmark has dozens more of these chairs. Can you imagine....
@snapscan – I love your space. Wish I could keep my space as focused as you. That Catellani & Smith floor lamp is fabulous.

ReplyQuote
kvc06
(@kvc06)
Eminent Member
12/08/2015 6:18 am  

Picked up this amazing Henry Glass for JL Chase Co "Forecast" chair. Got it newly upholstered in a vintage flecked hopsack wool

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
18/08/2015 1:43 am  

My wife loves Chagall. I found this lithograph/serigraph at our local charity thrift. It now hangs over my wife's head in our bedroom. I have a question, though. Why the heck is the ink "messy"? It extends beyond the general border of the body of the image and it is obviously "stroke like". It extends the actual image.
I am sure someone out there knows more about lithographs than I do. Looking for some KNOWLEDGE

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
18/08/2015 1:53 am  

One of my new stools assembled and in the kitchen, had to deep clean the entire kitchen in its honor.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
18/08/2015 5:50 am  

Grendel_The_Cat,
Very nice stool. Good for you. The "deep clean" is evident. Also, good for you (and your father if he happens to be in the neighborhood).
Everything is as it should be to "drink your coffee in style". These three guys have style and they like cats.
Congratulations.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
18/08/2015 6:08 am  

Nothing special...just a few books.
1. BMW Art Cars for Hatje Cantz
2. Pop Art for Taschen
3. Phaidon Press 10 x 10_2
4. Barbie Four Decades of Fashion, Fantasy and Fun for Harry N Abrams
A few individuals have acceptable and/or exceptional reading material they donate to my local Goodwill's.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
18/08/2015 5:45 pm  

waffle, some artists would make lithographs as a first step, then apply additional paint on top as a way of having the artist's hand touch each piece, as well as making each piece slightly unique. Not saying that is definitely happening with your print, but I could see an intentional effort to extend the hand work into the print border to emphasize the two processes.
If you examine the piece up close (maybe with a magnifying glass), you should be be to tell if there is paint applied on top of the print.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
18/08/2015 6:27 pm  

thanks cdsilva
When I first got it I got out a magnifying glass to make sure it was a lithograph. At the time I was pretty sure that the "overpaint" LOOKED like it had texture to it, as if it were applied rather than printed. At your suggestion, though I will give it another look over this am.
It's all rather interesting.

ReplyQuote
modernefamilie
(@modernefamilie)
Noble Member
18/08/2015 10:31 pm  

Not mind blowing, but I picked up some nice mahogany Hickory furniture. Really well made and neat handles.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
19/08/2015 8:02 pm  

Black enamel version of this early 1950's articulated desk lamp by Arredoluce found chocking in a 10' extension cord and all cables and extension cords are $1.
Although always attributed to Gino Sarfatti, it is most likely by the founder of Arredoluce, Angelo Lelli.
Documented in book 1000 Lights 1879-1959.

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
20/08/2015 8:42 pm  

I found a Kodawood sofa & matching chair a couple weekends ago. I didn't post a picture of the chair because it was disassembled when I found it and I have already taken the base to my wood guy to refinish. The fabric is original on both pieces but is faded in some areas so I'm going to have them reupholstered. The sofa is getting disassembled today so I can have my wood guy refinish the chair and sofa exactly the same. I will post a picture of the set after they are refurbished.
Peruche

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
20/08/2015 9:30 pm  

Another Craigslist find!!! I bought this Russell Woodard "Sculptura" patio set yesterday. Overall it is in great condition but I am going to have a friend of mine give it a professionally sprayed paint job in either white or black. 3 of the chairs are 28" Tall and one is 32" Tall which are standard sizes for this style Woodard patio chair. The patio table is 41.5" Diameter and 28" Tall.
Paid $50
Peruche

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2015 10:56 pm  

just picked this up today. Sweet couch. Smells BAD. Already have the cushion covers in the wash. No tears, though. Dig that frame.... Stuck this over on the I.D. thread as well. I THINK it will clean up well.

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2015 11:04 pm  

Minimoma I love that lamp! I just got this lovely oak armchair from M. Nissen that is often attributed to Finn Juhl, I'm still trying to sort that out in my head. But nevertheless I love it! Also in the ID thread. I can't seem to find any other pictures of the chair with this  particular label. 

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register