The Last Thing You Acquired #38  

Page 6 / 8
  RSS

waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2015 2:33 am  

23 Hvidt chairs.
My goodness.  Think of how big a table you would need!

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2015 4:22 am  

jesgord,
Congratulations on your find.  Having knowledge is a great help.  Good for you.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2015 4:50 am  

Thanks Niceguy.  There was plenty of luck involved in this one.  Woman at the counter told me that the glass had just been put out 1/2 an hour earlier.  A little luck and a little knowledge goes a long way 😉

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
21/05/2015 3:08 am  

Lief -
I did say *almost* scrap worthy 😉
Definitely looking forward to cleaning up the FD540 and correcting the broken fingerpull, though the leaf problem is not one I can currently solve. If you do contract work and could fab leaves for me (or know someone on the San Francisco Bay Area who could), please pm me.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
02/06/2015 7:33 pm  

I gave this Charles and Ray Eames Elliptical table for Herman Miller to my sister several years ago and it was never used (it was new). She is moving and returned the table to me.
I am furnishing a second home in the southern part of the state and intend to forward this piece for immediate use. That is a lucky break.

ReplyQuote
DHutch17
(@dhutch17)
Trusted Member
03/06/2015 1:51 am  

First big score in a while. Rare and early Eames OTW with beautiful black laminate top. I've poked around on the net a little about this one, but if any Eames collectors have more information that would be great 🙂

ReplyQuote
Kyle James
(@schefflerkylegmail-com)
Trusted Member
03/06/2015 3:01 am  

Went to Brimsfeild Ma Antique Fair, Ran around like a mad man semi depressed that there wasn't much Mid Century Design. Saw this from 500 feet away. Knoll Bird Chair, In white with a hand made cover. In Love. Very low price as well (:

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
06/06/2015 1:36 am  

Vintage bubble at 7:27

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2015 3:47 pm  

Last Friday I purchased the Philippe Starck Jelly Slice dining table and Objet Perdu chairs (8) for Driade (all new and unused). They will be going to second home. The Carlotta de Bevilacqua Tian Xia metamorfosi suspension lamp for Artemide will hang above the table.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
07/06/2015 3:55 pm  

While I was loading the Philippe Starck table and chairs I noticed a few other products.
I bought four Pepe Cortés Jamaica beechwood seat stools for Amat-3 and the Roderick Vos Agung rattan chair for Driade. They are all new and unused "dead stock" and are also going south to the second home.
Friday was a good day for buying (as is every day)

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/06/2015 2:44 am  

Greets!
These ain't mid mod, but I bought a couple of old crackled/crusty orange vases (that are heavier than I am) from a Palm Beach estate sale. I wore pink.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/06/2015 3:04 am  

A close up shot that reminds me of my neighbors complexion.
Hi,
Aunt M.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
15/06/2015 10:45 pm  

I picked this guy up for $1.50 at a thrift shop today. I don't think it's anything super valuable, I just liked the look of it--the pose, the stylized simplicity, and the cast stone or whatever it is that looks like limestone, sort of.
It's about 8-9 inches high and is stamped on the bottom but all I can make out is "hand made by [5 letter name]" in the second line. I tried to CSI it in iPhoto and the last word actually looks like STONE but that doesn't make any sense.
It's been mended but I'm pretending that it's a ruin, so that's ok.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
16/06/2015 12:16 am  

Spanky,
I always enjoy seeing the items you acquire. Congratulations.
I just ordered the signed copy of Walton Ford Pancha Tantra for Taschen. It will ship on the 19th of June. Small, inexpensive and fun.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
16/06/2015 4:19 am  

Spanky,
It does look like the bottom line reads "Hand Made of Stone".
I believe the piece is a humorous take on the Cycladic figures found in ancient Greece. Finn Juhl had a poster print of a Cycladic head in his office. So it puts you in good company.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register