23/04/2015 6:06 am  

That is a really nice looking table. 

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
23/04/2015 3:32 pm  

Grendel The Cat,
Painting sucks.  I am good at painting and it still sucks.
The follow up is the Artemide folding screen went to storage (I bought it because the price was right), the Bubble Club is heading for the second home in south Georgia, the Artemide metamorfosi light went to storage, and the ClassiCon folding screen is in use.  The Assouline and Visionaire are in the library.
I like to buy.  Thank you for the kind words regarding the screen.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
23/04/2015 3:51 pm  

More paper.
The Jeff Koons signed limited edition for Taschen is on it's way to me as I type.  The Taschen store in SoHo got me hooked on the limited editions and Luminaire in Chicago introduced me the Visionaire.
Do not hang around a barber shop if you do not want haircut is the advice I ignored.  I am glad.

ReplyQuote
AdamS
(@adams)
Trusted Member
26/04/2015 3:26 pm  

Please, any help with info for a Danish teak robot P Broste J Bentsen
I'm hoping for any info/help etc on a piece that I bought. My daughter spotted it tucked away in a dark corner of a second hand furniture store. Its a beauty.... standing a fearsome 21.5cm tall and built with solid teak and beech. I've placed  'Rory' (that's the name my daughter has given him) alongside a Jensen Viking to give a sense of scale. It's stamped on one of its feet with: P Broste, Demark, designed by J Bentsen. I assume its built in the 1950's? Can't find any info/images about it via Google .... so I need some help ... please. If anyone can shed any light on it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Adam.

ReplyQuote
Hal10000
(@hal10000)
26/04/2015 6:35 pm  

I'm new around these parts, but I came upon these two things over the past week.
They weren't cheap finds, but they were relative deals in comparison to what the prices are for these sorts of things here in Chicago.
Eames (2nd generation?) fiberglass shell chair (with new rocker base birch/zinc, will put the original H-Base away in storage)
Paul McCobb Planner Desk (needs refinishing on the top)

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
26/04/2015 10:20 pm  

Thanks, Adam---now I will not be able to rest until I own one of those robots!  I have a thing for robots and teak figures.  I never knew the two sets intersected before this!

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
27/04/2015 3:59 pm  

First the good, then the better and now
The best acqusition last month was the Carlotta de Bevilacqua Tian Xia metamorfosi suspension lamp for Artemide A247000.  
The Tian Xia metamorfosi suspension lamp has a mirror-treated polished aluminum structure with a thermoplastic resin diffuser covered in mirror-finished translucent film.  It has three systems for direct, indirect and diffused light and a remote control to manage the three light systems.
My friends at Artemide told me that very few were sold in the US and that until now none were used in a residential application.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
27/04/2015 6:05 pm  

Back to just good for me . . . Lane Acclaim round dining extension table with chairs (model #301-54 and 301-70) from cl. I know it's just Lane, but these dining sets seem to sell for a decent amount on eBay, and this one will only require minimal cleaning effort.

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
27/04/2015 10:04 pm  

New to the board!!!  I have been a collector of Mid-Century items for the last 17 years.  Here is a pic of an Adrian Pearsall lounger that I aquired this weekend from one of the local pickers that I know. 

ReplyQuote
difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
29/04/2015 11:25 am  

Found 2 large cathrineholm pots. Both missing the handles so if anyone has a spare let me know!
Also a Lane wedge table from 1962

ReplyQuote
mario
(@mario)
Noble Member
03/05/2015 1:41 am  

Finn Juhl Cresco unit for France and son.
the base is a leftover Jens Risom part, not original to the Juhl.

ReplyQuote
TinyArmada
(@tinyarmada)
Famed Member
03/05/2015 4:43 am  

We are moving house soon and our drama increased when we got this set of Platner chairs, with one ottoman, the color goes perfect with the other neutral tones in the lounge-to-be.
For now they sit in the warehouse untill the move, though we sneaked one home to give the cats a new scratching post it seems.
They are so large I can grow old and fat in them! Or set up a tent and meditate.

ReplyQuote
Bongrande
(@bongrande)
04/05/2015 5:14 am  

Greetings!  
I'm new to the community.  Have always enjoyed everyones "finds" and finally decided I'd post some of my own, from the past few weeks.  Pair of Westnofa chairs + ottoman (wow!); 1 owner, excellent condition!  Dainish lounge chair + ottoman; chair needs new webbing & replacement pillows, tear in leather arm will be hidden w/sheepskin (may reupholster in the future).  Luxo lamp (example pic), 1 owner great condition.  $280 for all pieces; craigslist!  How'd I do, everybody???
Best,
Daena

ReplyQuote
Bongrande
(@bongrande)
04/05/2015 5:34 am  

Humor me, TinyArmada, induldge me, at the very least.  If I'm overstepping the forum bounds, just let me know...  I'm new here.  Did you get your 3 piece Platner suite for a song and a dance?  Did you get a bargain???  What was the $ range of your purchase???  I can't take it, I need to know...  or am just nosy!  Trade you my Westnofas!!!  LOLOLOLOLOL!  I know the answer!
Take good care!
Daena

ReplyQuote
TinyArmada
(@tinyarmada)
Famed Member
04/05/2015 6:04 am  

Thanks for the comment.
Some things we get for a song, but no, not these. The seller knew what they had, but we still paid well under what the market rate was for them. We got them at a bargain price, but still in the thousands.
The closer for us was the color, condition and the fact there were two chairs and an ottoman - these were all the same condition, tone etc. Pretty much the moment we saw them we thought these would end up being with us and not being resold.
We have held onto a slew of ottomans and various chairs putting together sets for a long time for the new house and not quite getting there and then...bam, this person throws these into our laps. It was excellent timing on their part, and bad for our wallet.
I had never seen the easy chair until we saw it in person from this seller and the size was larger than the measures suggested - you can't get a sense of how grand they are until you see them - and I thought as guest chairs they would be just the best...but they do gobble a lot of room.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register