The Last Thing You ...

The Last Thing You Acquired #36  

Page 1 / 7
  RSS

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/12/2014 4:00 am  

Swiss Design!Jürg Bally Ess Tee Tisch.  The raising and lowering mechanism is a delight to look at. (Ignore the spot of blue tape, it is just a temporary mark for an adjustment to the handle).I never thought I would see one of these in person.  Let alone own one. And I think we need a new rule that 50 posts is the limit for this ongoing thread.  The scrolling to the bottom, clicking the next page, and scrolling to the bottom is too much.

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
23/12/2014 4:23 am  

Cool table!
As for the scrolling---you can skip all that by simply clicking the "first unread" link after where it says how many new messages there are in the thread.  It will take you to the first message posted since you last looked at the thread.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/12/2014 4:36 am  

Yeah, there is the first unread button, when it appears like it should. For me it only appears about 1/3 of the time when it should.  It is strange: the thread list will even show that there are multiple unread posts in the "last thing you acquired" thread and often there is no "first unread" button.  
I guess I should send an email to Patrick and Alix....

ReplyQuote
AndreaS
(@andreas)
Eminent Member
23/12/2014 6:34 pm  

hi guys, double Xmas purchase!
first is this large wardrobe (230 cm h, 130 cm w), Fornasetti's stlye.
italian production, from the 50es... amazingly solid and easy to assemble!
(sorry, don't know what's wrong with my phone camera but it turns a good bit the whites into blues...)
then, this wood table with formica top, in the manner of Ico Parisi
italian production from the 60es... I expecially like the wooden cross base
In the last pictures you can see also 4 Floetotto Pagholtz chairs that I also picked up
season greetings to you! 🙂

ReplyQuote
hoopsie
(@hoopsie)
Trusted Member
23/12/2014 8:31 pm  

6 Borge Morgensen shell chairs and draw leaf teak table by same designer. Both in like new condition.

ReplyQuote
AndreaS
(@andreas)
Eminent Member
24/12/2014 11:38 am  

btw what a great find Leif... and the mechanic is stunning!

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@white-g2897gmail-com)
Estimable Member
24/12/2014 10:45 pm  

Lief that table deserves to be with you.
It's incredible

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
24/12/2014 11:11 pm  

I totally agree with tulip.

yup,

Aunt M.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
25/12/2014 9:20 am  

The steeI legged model of that chair is lovely too.
I scored these old steelform barcas for $5.00 each. Have chucked the cushions and will replace them with wehmarkt green or prussian blue wool flat feather stuffed cushions, tested it and its much more comfortable.
There is also some rust, I compared nickel plating to chrome and nickel has a yellowish hue, much nicer imo and originally was an option. Anyone had anything this size replated? The budget is limited.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
25/12/2014 4:09 pm  

You could make your own large electroplating rig for cheap. That would be interesting.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
27/12/2014 4:52 pm  

My kids got me some treasures for Christmas.  The book is pretty good--I love Ackerman tapestries and mosaics and pottery!  I hope to own one of their creations someday but in the meantime the book is nice to have.  
The Bojesen soldier--I have bought and sold these in the past but ever since I was at the home of some friends in Copenhagen and she told me how they bring their soldier out for any and all celebrations, I've kind of wished I'd kept at least one.  They're so very Danish.
And last, a Zooline Dodo bird with a ball-jointed neck that enables very expressive posing!  I think he's hilarious.  This has been described as a toothpick holder but the hole in back isn't very deep; toothpick holders would typically hold more than a few toothpicks, too.  There's another version that had a hole through the beak/head for nail scissors and the hole in back held nail clippers.  I kind of want to get a fluffy black feather to stick in the hole.  

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
27/12/2014 6:30 pm  

My brother gave me this fine Snap-on cabinet-

ReplyQuote
Amazake
(@amazake)
Prominent Member
28/12/2014 3:22 am  

Signed Jonathan Bonner type candlestick
When I bought it I was hoping it was his but he uses metal.  Still fun, the thrift shop thought it was a pipe.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
30/12/2014 6:41 am  

I got two of these like-new Aluminum Group bases today at the Goodwill for $10 each. They came with very ugly original tops, probably from the 80's, in a kind of speckled pink formica-like material.  After many years of frequenting thrift stores, these represent a first for me -- the first time I have ever acquired an Eames object in a thrift store.  The closest I ever got before was spying an upholstered side shell on a wide mount stacking base, sitting in the back sorting room of the Goodwill. 
I also got the Jens Quistgaard for Nissen tray table as a holiday gift.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2015 11:33 pm  

Greetings Design Poodles!

Today I acquired the proper Dansk cheese chopper to accommodate my (vintage) newly acquired Dansk cheese chopping board.   I plan to use them for simple surgical procedures, as needed.  
Hi,

Aunt Mark

ps.  many thanks to spanky for her Dansk knowledge.  I was (foolishly) assuming that the indentation in the wooden board was to hold my front tooth whilst snacking on a slice of lovely ___________.   
Best,
Your Aunt M.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register