The Last Thing That You Acquired #32  

Page 7 / 10
  RSS

waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
28/07/2014 10:32 am  

ugh Leif
I once had a chance to buy 8 of those babies but was poor at the time. One of those things I will regret for evah.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
28/07/2014 10:33 am  

Lovely.
That man had the most wonderful way with a chair. I like the way the front legs terminate, and the comfortable chamfer to the crest rail. Don't you wonder how that rear leg was turned ?

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
28/07/2014 11:06 am  

I have only the faintest inkl...
I have only the faintest inkling of an idea of how the rear leg might have been turned. Something to do with eccentric circles within circles, very Ptolemaic.
But they are really gorgeous. I am very proud to have them.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
28/07/2014 7:37 pm  

Wishbones are beautiful but
do you find them comfortable? They hit my back in the wrong place.
If you're going to reweave them, Caleb James' six-part how-to on Youtube is brilliant. (He's here, btw. Or at least he posted a few times awhile back.)

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
28/07/2014 7:47 pm  

They have so many loose joint...
They have so many loose joints I can only very gingerly act like I am sitting in them. Doing so I noticed they suggested they might not be incredibly comfortable for a long period of time, but I will really have to re-asses when I can actually remove the weight from my feet and lean back a bit, without the fear of the whole collection of sticks collapsing.
I will look up the re-weaving video suggested. I rather enjoyed weaving this pattern in sea grass on my Hvidt and Mølgaard chair.
I understand you find it frustrating to execute in danish cord though, so I am forewarned.

ReplyQuote
tchp
 tchp
(@tchp)
Illustrious Member
29/07/2014 7:35 pm  

I also got a pair of chairs...
I also got a pair of chairs that need some work. Erik Worts safari chairs for N. Eilersen in a dark gray lacquer. $150 for the pair. Needs some new canvas.

ReplyQuote
SixPints
(@sixpints)
29/07/2014 7:58 pm  

Picked up a nice Seiko World...
Picked up a nice Seiko World Clock with a decent look to it.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
30/07/2014 12:02 am  

For when I go to camp.
This morning I was greeted at the local store with a Knoll tote bag ( I now have three, I may need an extra..depending on the camp I'm sent to...) and a Knoll Meridian semi truck to play with late at night. What is Axe?
Popped collars to all, and to all a good day,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
30/07/2014 12:05 am  

Knoll
I have a Knoll Studio tote bag myself. 🙂

ReplyQuote
difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
30/07/2014 2:53 am  

picked up a Milo Baughman...
picked up a Milo Baughman for Drexel Todays Living Collection 6 drawer tallboy dresser from the local mission thrift.
The back plates to the handles need to be reattached on the 3 drawers

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@themorningmoongmail-com)
Eminent Member
30/07/2014 9:07 am  

Freaking out.
Today I acquired two (yes, TWO) authentic Eames lounge chairs. 1200 for the pair.
I'm still in shock. Pictures to follow...

ReplyQuote
shipwright (UK)
(@shipwright-uk)
Famed Member
30/07/2014 12:10 pm  

shock mounts..
I'm still in shock you acquired two (yes, TWO) authentic Eames lounge chairs. 1200 for the pair.
Pictures to follow

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
30/07/2014 6:31 pm  

I'm envisioning
Down filled black leather cushions married to rosewood shells...and the previous owner will be throwing in the flawless matching ottomans and a limited edition bottle of Axe body spray (the one with the bottle designed by ______). Good for you!
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@wizaynecarterhotmail-com)
Noble Member
30/07/2014 6:42 pm  

Milo Baughman Etagere
found at a Thrift store out here in the country...it wasnt officially for sale..it was there window display...it was covered in magnets and doilies and nic nacs....also some genius had spray painted it flat gray/silver...as you can see I am currently stripping it down to the polished brass....they sold it to me for 100.00. Me likey! 8^)

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
30/07/2014 8:18 pm  

maybe 2 LCWs?
1200 for two vintage LCWs could be a great deal too. Of course 1200 for two 670 -671 lounge chairs sounds too good to be true, so I am already rationalizing. There is also the possibility that the lounges in question are Zenith rope edged shell lounges.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 10
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register