Page 4 / 8
  RSS

niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
18/06/2014 10:36 pm  

gift from the gals at the resale store
Mark,
The gift from the gals at the resale store playing cards is fabulous.
I found and acquired a vintage boxed set of Haynes Inc. Yellowstone National Park Wyoming playing cards.
This should be right up your alley, all vintage playing cards are stored in a drawer LV shoe box.
You may appreciate the Visionaire 21 A Diamond is Forever and MAC Cosmetics (Assouline) Deck of Cards contemporary sets. They are functional and well executed.
Once again, you received a very nice gift.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
18/06/2014 11:56 pm  

Why thank you niceguy!
Card games aren't one of my finer skills.
Best,
Aunt Mark
ps phonegirl, I like the cleaned rug, but consider flipping it upside down. I appreciate the textured underside.
pss. woody, another wonderful piece of art to add to your stellar collection. Soon you will need a larger space, methinks.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
20/06/2014 4:21 am  

Sculpture
Sonny Dalton, 1988?
Thanks for the comment, Mark. Yes, I do need more space!

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
20/06/2014 4:25 am  

2 weaknesses
glassware
plant stands
the glasses are incredibly fine. So light and delicate. Base is tinted. A mixed group of 24 for purposes I can only guess (Port? Spirits? No idea?)
Plant stand is wrought iron. Just need 3 nice pots, or 3 acceptable pots. Or just 3 pots. Already have lots of plants.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
20/06/2014 5:31 am  

Hi.
I attended an exibit-o-photograpy last eve at a gallery on the Avenue, and this was delivered today. I somewhat remember the situation, yet it's all a blur. The piece is a photograph of a fountain in downtown West Palm Beach with some homely children bathing. Whatever it takes to keep children clean is fine with me. I think that I like it. The artist is Christopher Fay.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
20/06/2014 6:35 am  

Waffle-I like the plant...
Waffle-I like the plant stand. Great form

ReplyQuote
phonegirl
(@phonegirl)
Prominent Member
20/06/2014 7:34 am  

thanks Spanky
that's exactly what I'll do! Appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
phonegirl
(@phonegirl)
Prominent Member
20/06/2014 7:54 am  

light fixtures
The first, Hans Agne Jakobsson, aluminum (haven't spotted any all aluminum) - I bought from my favourite shop owner in Toronto. The second...I can't imagine how someone could have donated it. New(ish), but still. They're both way larger than I imagined them. They may look a bit overstated in my house. Also bought the poster. Any thoughts on who this is? I found a Japanese sculptor, but couldn't find any works similar to the one pictured on the poster from Paris (1978-1979), La Hune

ReplyQuote
Solange
(@solange)
Noble Member
20/06/2014 10:17 am  

phonegirl,
looks like you had a good day. How that bubble lamp survived the thrift store, let alone wind up in it I'll never know. I would try it in different spots and get used to the scale for a while before you send it packing...a corner might be nice with that form.
I ran into one of the regular looters today at my local thrift where he found a Lotte lamp. It was a good day for some....not for me 🙂
That print must be Kozo Inoue...really seems like his style... floating object(s). I like it.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
20/06/2014 9:21 pm  

yup
it's got good lines. Will pick up some pots today and stick it out on the patio

ReplyQuote
michelm
(@michelm)
Trusted Member
22/06/2014 2:48 pm  

Picked up these candlesticks this morning
Picked up these candlesticks this morning.
Love the design. Does anybody have any idea who's signature this might be.
Thanks in advance
Michel

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
22/06/2014 8:33 pm  

hey phonegirl
Nice finds!
Does that Nelson lamp have a "Howard Miller - Zeeland, Michigan" label or is it a more recent issue? Pretty hard to find vintage versions of that form. Either way it is a great lamp. (I hope its too big for your space hahaha)
DEFELICIANTONIO: I like the low aluminum group base A LOT too. I thought about bidding on those myself, until I looked at my storage situation and became depressed. But seriously, congrats! Looks great! I have a pair of black Summit shells from 1974 that simply NEED those bases. I am convinced now, after seeing your shell and base combo. Do you know if they were intended for armshells specifically? Just curious.

ReplyQuote
adamfowler
(@adamsfowlergmail-com)
Noble Member
23/06/2014 3:34 am  

24 thousand for the Wegners?...
24 thousand for the Wegners?
Good luck!

ReplyQuote
difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
23/06/2014 11:44 am  

The low aluminum base is orig...
The low aluminum base is original to some type of Shell chair. Other than that I don't know much more. The metal rod that they cast into the mount is a lot thicker than standard so its deff done at factory. I can take pics comparing this base to my other 2 desk chair aluminum bases.
I also picked up this from my local goodwill today for 9$. Its made by a danish comapny called komfort from the 70's i belive. the teak needs some love but still a nice peice for the price

ReplyQuote
emerone
(@emerone)
23/06/2014 11:46 am  

Chair ID
I don't know what they are. Any help would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register