Design Addict

Cart

How to Authenticate...

How to Authenticate a Orange Slice Chair?  

RSS

NULL NULL
(@samdhayesgmail-com)
Eminent Member
20/03/2009 9:12 am  

I almost bought a used orange slice chair today for $500. It was in decent shape. It was a orange/red woven fabric. The only thing was I saw no markings. No stamp, no sticker. Nothing. I assumed it was a fake and walked away. But now I am curious. How do you know if you have an authentic orange slice chair by Mr. Pierre?

Ben Joyner
(@ben-joyner)
Trusted Member
20/03/2009 3:19 pm  

Sorry to jump on your thread Sammyman
but i just bought a Orange slice chair as well. It does have a metal Artifort label on the underside of the the seat but I was wondering if it is possible to date how old mine is from the label itself.
Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
chewbacca rug (USA)
(@chewbacca-rug-usa)
Noble Member
20/03/2009 8:06 pm  

photos ?
if either one of you have photos it would be easier to answer the questions.....

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@samdhayesgmail-com)
Eminent Member
20/03/2009 8:09 pm  

Yup, definitely no label on...
Yup, definitely no label on the bottom of the chair. It must have been a replica. Glad I walked away (although $500 still wasn't bad).

ReplyQuote
RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
20/03/2009 8:52 pm  

Labels can fall off you...
Labels can fall off you know. If the frame looked old (or even new) and the shape looked right then every chance it was real. We have a lovely red example for sale with no label, it's a first edition with the zinc legs.

ReplyQuote
Cream and Chrome
(@cream-and-chrome)
Noble Member
16/02/2013 12:49 am  

I know this thread was...
I know this thread was started nearly 4 years ago, but I've just had quite a good email conversation with a lady from Artifort about the same issue. Just wanted to share some info...
Me:
"I've had a few Orange Slice chairs in my time, and often they have the Artifort metal tag. However, on some of them the tag is not present, although everything else about them screams Artifort. For example, the legs, the screws, the weight, the proportions, the quality and the round rubber feet etc. Also, they often come from sellers who say they were around £1500 new, and the reproduction chairs are so so awful. But is it this simple?
My question is, did Artifort always use metal tags, or has there been a period of using stickers, that might have fallen off... explaining the lack of a tag. "
Lady from Artifort:
"Indeed you are right. During the sixties we had the metal tags and somewhere in the seventies we have had stickers....Nowadays we use again the metal ones...
Often while reupholstery the products the tags/stickers are not re-installed anymore, which is a pity....this guarantees the origine of the product.
It is also a pity that nowadays so many copies are on the market, but there is a small trick I think to recognise the original Artifort Orange Slice chair; at the inside of the plastic black cap at the feet is an A....I think that copies wont have this... "

ReplyQuote
Duverger
(@duverger)
23/02/2013 8:08 pm  

It is mainly the legs. Old...
It is mainly the legs. Old ones all have zinc legs. New ones all have chrome legs.

ReplyQuote
GrainStudioGoods
(@grainstudiogoods)
19/04/2023 1:04 pm  

Does the chair need the black plastic feet to be authentic? I found one without them and am wondering if this indicates a knockoff. 

1681902252-Screenshot_20230419_055706_Facebook.jpg

ReplyQuote
GrainStudioGoods
(@grainstudiogoods)
19/04/2023 1:04 pm  

Does the chair need the black plastic feet to be authentic? I found one without them and am wondering if this indicates a knockoff. 

1681902263-Screenshot_20230419_055706_Facebook.jpg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register