Design Addict

Cart

Help with designer ...

Help with designer Hans C Andersen  

RSS

kebrere
(@kebrere)
28/12/2005 4:52 pm  

I am having a hard time finding information on this designer, I keep comming up with the fairy tale writer. here is a picture of the desk and the makers marks, can someone point me in the right direction. TIA Kim

henriette
(@henriette)
30/12/2005 12:59 am  

can't find anythng either... but
I've been looking on Danish websites, withour luck - try to contact those guys, they might be able to help... http://kolmorgen.com/viewobject.asp?id=611
http://kolmorgen.com/

ReplyQuote
jurczak
(@jurczak)
31/12/2005 1:38 am  

h c andersen
i think you should check something about his papaer cuttings.he made lots of them and was really good at it.
im amazed about the desk which you found.i was in H C Andersen museum in odense in denmark and i havent seen anything about furniture made by him.
http://www.flupy.net/jurczak/jurczak.htm

ReplyQuote
henriette
(@henriette)
31/12/2005 12:36 pm  

The desk IS NOT designed by the writer!!
Hi,
I think you misunderstood - the desk is not designed by the writer Hans Christian Andersen - :-)).

ReplyQuote
henriette
(@henriette)
31/12/2005 12:51 pm  

GUNNAR SCHWARTZ - LOS ANGELES TABLE
Hi again,
I think the table is by Rosengren Hansen, retailed by Gunnar Schwartz - late 50s early 60s.
I only found one site mentionning Gunnar Schwartz - unfortunately not your desk, but mybe it will lead you to more info:
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/s/lot-755967.html

ReplyQuote
kebrere
(@kebrere)
01/01/2006 9:22 pm  

Help with designer Hans C Andersen
Thanks for the info Henriette, I just posted an email to the company you mentioned. Thanks again Kim

ReplyQuote
jurczak
(@jurczak)
03/01/2006 8:25 pm  

dummy
ups. yes i missunedrstood.
http://www.flupy.net/jurczak/jurczak.html

ReplyQuote
Alex2018
(@alex2018)
08/01/2020 6:34 pm  
Posted by: kebrere

I am having a hard time finding information on this designer, I keep comming up with the fairy tale writer. here is a picture of the desk and the makers marks, can someone point me in the right direction. TIA Kim

did you ever found information on Andersen?

ReplyQuote
Alex2018
(@alex2018)
08/01/2020 6:35 pm  

Hi did you ever found information on Hans C Andersen? 

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
08/01/2020 10:14 pm  

What kind of information are you looking for?

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Alex2018
(@alex2018)
09/01/2020 12:19 am  

Hi, 

I would like to know his history where he worked and perhaps a picture. I collect MCM furniture and I’m doing an album with all my favorite pieces. 

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
09/01/2020 10:45 am  

That won't be easy. Hans C. Andersen was a lesser known architect (if he was an architect at all). As far as I know, he only worked for Artex, maybe he was the owner of Artex, but I've never even seen any information about this company either. If you can figure out where they had their workshop (you'll need danish sources), you have a clue where Hans C. Andersen was from. Then you can dive into archives and look for people named Hans C. Andersen who used to live in this region. You might be able to contact families. Would be a nice and rewarding task, but it's a long way which probably no one has walked yet.   

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
14/05/2020 11:17 pm  

@alex2018 Hey Alex, I just stumbled about some information. It‘s not much, but H.C. Andersen was indeed the owner of Artex, and he was not an architect but a cabinetmaker. One of many with a small company, he probably started his business in the 60s and was still active in the early 70s.

ReplyQuote
Pageelizabeth
(@pageelizabeth)
12/10/2022 3:39 am  

I just came across two Side tables in pretty much perfect condition designed by Hans for Artex. I have some one interested in purchasing. Everything I see is that they are rare and pretty valuable. Any advice on a fair price???

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
12/10/2022 7:39 pm  

@pageelizabeth Sorry, we don't discuss prices here. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register