Cart

Help with Time-Life...

Help with Time-Life chair that I just got  

RSS

NULL NULL
(@timpyoungyahoo-com)
Prominent Member
02/11/2010 12:15 pm  

I just bought this Time-Life chair. It's lower than I want it to be, because it's missing casters and the tilt mechanism underneath. Unfortunately you can't really tell from these pictures, but the post of the base just connects directly to the chair. Does anyone have any info about where and how I might find the tilt mechanism and whether it's possible to add it?

The third picture shows what I think is missing from my chair.

Tim

NULL NULL
(@yuanchung_leeyahoo-com)
Prominent Member
02/11/2010 1:35 pm  

Lounge vs. Executive
It looks like your chair is the "lounge" version rather than the "executive" version, hence it (1) sits lower (and at a more lounge-y angle) and (2) does not have the tilt / height-adjustable options.
See link.
Sorry.
http://www.designaddict.com/design_addict/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/th...

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@timpyoungyahoo-com)
Prominent Member
02/11/2010 2:20 pm  

Yeah, that makes sense. Is...
Yeah, that makes sense. Is there any way to convert the lounge to an office chair then? Can the tilt mechanism be added? It's still a great chair if not, but I'd rather use it as a desk chair than a lounge chair.

ReplyQuote
dsil
 dsil
(@dsil)
Estimable Member
02/11/2010 11:24 pm  

I wouldn't mess with it. It...
I wouldn't mess with it. It would be like re-upholsering your perfectly good Eames Lounge Chair with Denim Fabric to make it look KEWWL.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@timpyoungyahoo-com)
Prominent Member
03/11/2010 2:31 am  

Agree
After further thought, I'm inclined to agree. I guess I'm still on the hunt for a Time Life office chair...

ReplyQuote
ZooMob
(@zoomob)
Honorable Member
03/11/2010 5:39 am  

You might be surprised how ni...
You might be surprised how nice that thing would look after a date with some red dye.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@timpyoungyahoo-com)
Prominent Member
03/11/2010 7:32 am  

Red Dye
Tell me more about the red dye. I actually googled it a few hours ago and read about someone using red colored rit dye only to have it rub off on clothes after that. Is there a way to do right?

ReplyQuote
Pegboard Modern
(@davidpegboardchicago-com)
Illustrious Member
03/11/2010 7:46 am  

timyoung
I don't know that you can dye your chair. I would just reupholster it.
If you want the task version, I might be willing to trade you. I just recently got a very early desk-height version with casters. But like yours, it does not have adjustable height or the tilt mechanism. It's more elegant with the base meeting the seat in a single stem and is closer top the original design, but you do not have as much versatility as you would with a later production version.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@timpyoungyahoo-com)
Prominent Member
03/11/2010 9:16 am  

Pegboard,
I'm kind of on...
Pegboard,
I'm kind of on the fence about a potential trade, since the chair's already found a lounge-appropriate place in the house, but I'd love to see pictures of yours. Send it to timpyoungATyahoo.com. Are you in southern California?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register