Cart

Genuine Cassina LC1...

Genuine Cassina LC1 question - help?  

RSS

pink pelican
(@pink-pelican)
19/11/2013 10:10 pm  

hi,
i have been offered an LC1. It has LC1 with a model number inscribed on the frame but no signature alongside it.
The chair looks genuine to me - is this possible?
any help much appreciated.

niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
20/11/2013 6:55 am  

the easy answer
pink pelican,
Calling Cassina is the easy answer (questions regarding discontinued Frank Lloyd Wright Midway Gardens chairs and tables were answered while I waited and a written reply was snail mailed for my records).
You failed to include photos with your emailed question. "It looks genuine to me" helps only mind readers that contribute to this forum. Do not make this same mistake when you contact Cassina via email (they, like others, find it difficult to understand and reply to the feeble-minded).
This question and many more will be answered with improved intuitive thinking and increased written communication skills.

ReplyQuote
fabrice_91
(@fabrice_91)
21/11/2013 8:00 pm  

Hi
The Lc1 chairs and le...
Hi
The Lc1 chairs and le corbusier production by cassina in General went through various marking along the years
Lc1 and the item number (number of production)
The same with a cassina sticker
lc1 le corbusier and number
lc1 cassina and the number
Even now you see them under perriant jeanneret name due to pattent duration problem (linked to le corbusier death date)
The number itself tells you how old is your chair... Less than 1000 le corbusier production... Less than 3500 still early vintage... 20000 recent etc...
Hope it helps

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register