Cart

GN clock 4762...can...

GN clock 4762...can it be painted?  

RSS

rockybird
(@rockybird)
Famed Member
09/12/2009 12:11 am  

I won this at the LA auction last weekend. I didnt realize I had won until today. I could have sworn I had bid less. Anyway, I am looking at the picture of the clock closer and I see that it needs paint. I have never seen one of these in person. Does anyone know if it can be painted? Has anyone seen this clock with the wood base? The shop that fixed my last gn clock does not paint, so not sure who to take it to.

Thanks!

http://

jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2009 3:18 am  

It looks good to me just the ...
It looks good to me just the way it is.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2009 3:35 am  

I think
I agree. It has a nice vintage look. You'd have to pay a lot to replicate that appearance. New paint would destroy the quality of the object as it is now. It is actually worth more that way it is -- as you know from watching Antiques Roadshow ! Every collector wants to see the original finish. . .

ReplyQuote
Sound & Design
(@fdaboyaol-com)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2009 3:53 am  

Based on the picture, I'm in...
Based on the picture, I'm in agreement.
If you're really not happy, I'm sure there's a professional locally that can "touch-up" spots. Could look under antique restoration?
Worse case, a transitional clock until a better comes along?

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@phae99yahoo-com)
Trusted Member
09/12/2009 4:48 am  

Please don't paint it...
It's a nice clock and, as mentioned earlier, is worth much more as is than repainted. That appears original; and you got a great deal. I have a natural wood and painted one, and paid more than twice as much for each of them.

ReplyQuote
whitespike
(@whitespike)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2009 5:25 am  

Don't paint it. Sheesh. It's ...
Don't paint it. Sheesh. It's beautiful. If you want new, buy Vitra. If you want vintage, accept the patina for it's beauty.

ReplyQuote
rockybird
(@rockybird)
Famed Member
09/12/2009 7:43 am  

thanks guys!
You are absolutely right! It looks terrific as is. I will keep it in its vintage condition.
MidMod50, thanks so much. I saw the bid post, and didnt realize it was my own bid. I am glad that I won it.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register