Design Addict

Cart

GCSE Controlled Ass...

GCSE Controlled Assessment - General Outline of Product  

RSS

Cooper
(@cooper)
11/02/2014 12:56 pm  

I am doing GCSE product design and need opinions on my product so far. I have made the general outline of what it would look like and if you could tell me any improvements/opinions that would be great. Also for my final product on the outer tube of the product will be solid black and the disks will be closer together, and the whole product a bit shorter. Also the top of the tube will be filed at an angel to give a glowing effect. You can find photos in the link below.
http://www.dropbox.com/sh/3q2kbgme49u7dsh/SExGglmEnT

Gustavo
(@gustavo)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2014 3:01 pm  

Hello Cooper:
Very nice project and design. I just see that the material of the base(wood) doesn't fit that well with the rest (acrylic). Perhaps another acrylic ring in some color, just as the upper ones, will go better.

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2014 5:00 pm  

Acrylics are fun.
Experimenting with light transmission is, too.
Your fabrication looks precise enough to me, but I'd worry about the heat from the MR lamp. LED source might be worth considering.
You might try putting a surface texture (like sanding) on sections or elements to produce different effects and graduating the spacing between the rings rather than having them evenly spaced to add visual interest.
Good luck, have fun, and thanks for sharing.
Oh, and make sure to wear an organic vapors respirator with fresh cartridges when machining that stuff. If you get any of that faintly sweet smell at all, it's not good.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register