Electrohome Circa 701  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Flood
(@flood)
23/02/2014 9:41 pm  

Thanks!I have a (tube)...
Thanks!
I have a (tube) Braun HM-5 cabinet designed by Herbert Hirche, 1957. I'll post a proper photo as soon as I get the radio chassis back from repair.
(photo from Hirche's apartment for the Interbau fair, Berlin '57).

ReplyQuote
Starline
(@starline)
Prominent Member
24/02/2014 1:17 am  

Does anyone happen to know...
Does anyone happen to know what the Willy Rizzo Commander System cost back in the 70s or even how many were made?

ReplyQuote
Norman Chaney
(@norman-chaney)
Estimable Member
24/02/2014 3:32 pm  

Hi Starline
I was thinking Willy Rizzo's site possibly might know.
Also, the "audioholics" website has some of the friendliest enthusiasts I've encountered in any subject.
http://www.willyrizzo.com/contact

ReplyQuote
Starline
(@starline)
Prominent Member
25/02/2014 2:08 am  

I did email them a few years...
I did email them a few years back about any general info or history behind the piece and they did not bother to respond.
I find it arrogant but it's very common when making queries online.I was actually not surprised to get no response from the Rizzo site.
I assume if it's not a potential sale many just don't bother.
By the way they had re-released the Commander System with modern connectivity on that site at time I enquired.
Thanks for the links and I will check out audioholics.

ReplyQuote
mmw
 mmw
(@mmw)
09/09/2015 8:35 am  

I have an Electrohome roll-top with steel legs like the one pictured above. I purchased it new in 1968 in Sacramento, CA. It's in my garage now, but I haven't been able to part with it. It's so unique. The roll top portion needs repair because I foolishly placed some heavy boxes on it. I haven't been able to locate the user's manual, but I know I have it somewhere. It's a truly beautiful stereo and was always a conversation piece because it was so unique.

ReplyQuote
bellwethr
(@eusticegmail-com)
Reputable Member
09/09/2015 8:08 pm  

I own a Circa 701C like the one pictured above as well--sadly someone gutted it's electronics years ago and tried to make it a guitar amplifier. I have a dream of updating the electronics and fabricating a new aluminum control panel face with dials and controls scavenged from another Electrohome stereo. I'm thinking a Raspberry Pi-based tuner/phono system with tube amps driving the speakers.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register