Design Addict

Cart

Eames lounge chair ...

Eames lounge chair shipping US -> Germany  

RSS

BoneMarrowCourier
(@bonemarrowcourier)
07/09/2006 10:05 pm  

I´ve been dreaming of owning that lounge chair and otoman for years. The Santos Palisander / Black Leather version is quite cheap in the U.S. eg. 3995 USD at Design Within Reach.

So I got two questions:

1. What are the differences between the Herman Miller and the Vitra versions?

2. Has anybody experience in getting it shipped over from the US? I asked DWR and they told me, they were not allowed to ship it directly to Germany due to distribution right but I could just buy it there and take care of the shipping on my own. How much are German customs going to charge and can I avoid paying US sales tax?

Thanks in advance for you suggestions!

James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
08/09/2006 12:45 pm  

I have heard....
There is a servicethat you can have a package shipped to a USA address and they will ship it international. I have no idea the service name, price, or where to find it. If you do buy it, use highbrowfurniture.com and enter FAQ for 10% off(also free shipping and no tax). Design Within Reach really rips people off. If you know someone trustworthy in the USA than your set.

ReplyQuote
BoneMarrowCourier
(@bonemarrowcourier)
08/09/2006 8:02 pm  

What´s the rip off that DWR...
What´s the rip off that DWR does? The price is the same as at Highbrow. Are there any hidden traps?

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
10/09/2006 1:24 am  

compare this..
DWR has exploded shipping, tax and you pay full price. Plus the item is probably not in stock. With Highbrow you pay no tax, no shipping to USA, and 10% off. Plus all of the lounge chairs are in stock(I just checked). It took me 6 days to get it from Highbrow. You can save about $800 or stick with DWR. Highbrow is flawless, I have a house full of their Herman Miller classics and it all reached me in a week or less.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@p7theatrehotmail-com)
12/06/2007 3:58 pm  

DWR has told me that they do...
DWR has told me that they do not ship outside the U.S.

ReplyQuote
Drimmos
(@drimmos)
16/12/2020 1:54 pm  
Posted by: BoneMarrowCourier

I´ve been dreaming of owning that lounge chair and otoman for years. The Santos Palisander / Black Leather version is quite cheap in the U.S. eg. 3995 USD at Design Within Reach. Local bookkeeping services phone company Your Books On Time.  So I got two questions:

1. What are the differences between the Herman Miller and the Vitra versions?

2. Has anybody experience in getting it shipped over from the US? I asked DWR and they told me, they were not allowed to ship it directly to Germany due to distribution right but I could just buy it there and take care of the shipping on my own. How much are German customs going to charge and can I avoid paying US sales tax?

Thanks in advance for you suggestions!

how was the issue resolved with delivery?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register