Eames Upholstery  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Antiquari
(@antiquari)
10/01/2014 6:04 pm  

Eames Upholstery
Hi there
I am new to this blog but I have noticed your post as I also have a couple of Eames PACC upholstered office chairs that I was thinking about getting recovered.
I actually got in contact with Eames Designs and was told that they tend to work with a guy called Graham Mancha, who does a lot of work with Eames Design. The website is: www.mancha.demon.co.uk. I think this is worth a try, especially if you consider that the upholstery on these chairs was not applied by traditional technique so it is tricky to find someone who may be able to do it well.
I hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@yourmommogmail-com)
Eminent Member
10/01/2014 6:19 pm  

I've tried
I've done it with an Eames side shell, and it took me like 5-6 hours and I wasn't able to clean up the fiberglass very good. When I put on the fiberglass conditioner, Penetrol, the fiberglass gets dark and when I wipe it off it stays dark and blotchy. Maybe it's just mine, but to me it was still worth buying.

ReplyQuote
zakknafein
(@zakknafein)
Eminent Member
25/06/2014 5:39 pm  

new life for eames chairs
Hallo, i've been visiting desingaddict for quite some time. Never took part in Forum, but now it is a time. I recently bought (cheap) two eames upholstery chairs. They were cheap so i didnt bother about the condition of the upholstery, thinking that - worse case scenario I scrab it out. Unfortunately (since i both them online) I didnt realize that they do have mounts (so no screw holes) but also one big "ventilation" hole. I would like to ask for a feedback what could I do to this chairs to bring them back to life. Is there a sense even to take the upholstery off?
Upholstery is dirty, also isn't "glued" to the foam. Foam it's not in very good condition (50y old)- looks a bit like an old jacket on skeleton.
1. wanted to wash the upholstery with .. sth (need to make resarch) and leave the foam as it is
2. I remove the material and try to replace the foam. Meantime wash the upholstery and maybe dye it.
3. scrab all away and hope for satisfing effect.
(chairs are for my personal use.. i dont intend to sell them now)
here the photos
http://www.ebay.at/itm/221457551959?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p39...

ReplyQuote
zakknafein
(@zakknafein)
Eminent Member
26/06/2014 1:55 pm  

I'd appreciate a comment
I know that the topic of upholstery chair is not that exciting. Also the chairs not the most beautiful. But I do have them now and would love to make them nicer.
1. The foam seems a bit.. replaced, on the sides you can feel the shell istead of soft foam. That's why I wonna try to Re-foam it.
2. I dont know how hard is to remove the fabric and than put it back on. *the fabric is not glued to the foam.
3. Dont know how hard is to remove the foam. The foam "touched through the ventilation hole" seems not to be glued all over to the shell, and it seems like a FOAM PAD.
4. If I decide to replace foam.. how thick should it be.. what type.
PLease any comment based on expirience appreciate

ReplyQuote
dbsimon
(@dbsimon)
24/07/2014 3:15 pm  

What is the name of your company?
What is the name of your company?

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
27/07/2014 9:35 am  

The name of the company is ...
The name of the company is Retroredo. We have been in business for over 10 years. I never advertise or tout on this forum cause we are not fishing for business as we have more than enough. If you do have questions I am always more than happy to help answer your question concerning mid century modern furniture. Lloyd Fadem

ReplyQuote
MLF
 MLF
(@mlf)
Eminent Member
31/07/2014 1:56 am  

How durable are these chairs...
How durable are these chairs when upholstered? How would they stand up to daily use as dining chairs? The fabric glued to foam sounds like it would break down fairly quickly.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register